Cost To Install Lowering Springs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CMoney811

Banned
I have a 92 Honda Prelude and I just picked up some H&R sport springs. I was given a rought estimate by one shop that it would cost me around $200 to have them put on. Is this a good deal or should I shop around more. And please don't tell me I should just put them on myself, because I don't have the tools or the time to do so.

Thanks

Matt

If you have a friend that has done it before it shouldn't cost you more than a 6 pack and some pizza.

I can't believe some of the shops around here. I've had a few quotes that were over 500 bucks for coilovers and struts. My lowest was 275 and that doesn't even include alignment.

well it took me with jack stands and some guidance about 2 - 3 hrs.
with a manual spring compressor. so at $75 an hour at most shops about $225
but hell diy it's worth the learning experience and it ain't that hard to do.

Shops overcharge, when I fucked up my 02 sensor (actually, the fucker was stuck in my oem header, nothing would get it out) and I had to buy a new one, I had them get a quote for shock installation, and they wanted like 500 bucks just for shocks...

lsvtec @ Jun 4 2003, 05:12 PM
If you have a friend that has done it before it shouldn't cost you more than a 6 pack and some pizza.

:werd:

for a shop install 200 - 300 is average . . . i have done many cars civics, neons, VWs, accords, and i charge $100.

you in CT area? ;)

i got my eibachs in for $60 at a local shop:D the guy had asked me if i had been quoted already and i said yeah but i wasn't really thinking, my friend just said that he THOUGHT his gf had her springs put in at that place for $60 so when he asked me how much they quoted me i told him $60 and all he said was "wow ok, seems kinda cheap but if thats what they said..."

it's not hard, I did it last month 2.5 hrs. But make sure you replace the shocks too. Using "sport" springs can very quickly wear out stock shocks, I have konis and they work for me, there built to be used with any kind of spring

i did it myself as well, about 6 months ago.. took me about 4 hours, becuase i had run into some problems..

i.e. no spring compressor, fucked up wrenches, and a few others. give it to me again and i'll be able to do it in 2 hours or less..

Dude, $200?????? I pay $50-$60 to get springs put on... In fact, it was $75 to install 4 springs and my two rear shocks last month. For $200 I'd do it myself, but at @ $50 my time is worth more than that. I would rather have it done in 45 minutes at a shop.

do it yourself. how can you consider yourself a "racer" if you dont do the work on your own car?

true that but it doesn't take many tools my 95 civic took a 17 mm and a 14mm us a 1/2 in drive. and some other smaller one for the nuts on the brake line

my dad works at a big chevy delership so I put her up on a lift, installed my springs and shocks (new mounts as well), slipped one of my friends (he is a tech) 30 bucks and he aligned every thing in about 2 hours :D

one place said to me 350 after tax. thats for springs struts and cv joint. i have all the parts already

when i put "coilovers" on my civic .... it took me about 5 hours.

i had no idea what i was doing, and had to get my neighbor to help out a bit in getting the assembly out.

DIY. you learn alot more.

Back