1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cost To Install Rods/pistons?

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Sprocker, Jan 15, 2003.

1. Sprocker

Sprocker Senior Member

I am getting ready to install my rods and pistons and am wondering about what it will cost, I'm planning to get the cylinder walls honed which I belive is importtant to get the rings to seal, is that correct. The engine has about 30,000. ANy suggestions on what to build up on the top end for moderate boost or should it be fine! Revs are being kept low at least for now!

2. Hexen

Hexen Senior Member

Well...

What kind of engne is it?

What kind of budget are you on?

3. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

I would think the cost (your talking about getting it done by someone else right) would depend on how much work they had to do tearing the motor down,as opposed to you bringing the block in ready to have the work done.If you want to know the price of the parts that would depend to much on what you got to say,but don't forget to factor in a the little things like gaskets bolts etc...

4. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

I would say 600-800 bucks

5. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

i know this isnt my post but i had this question too. what if you had the motor in your car and you wanted to have pistons/rods installed, so if you just take your whole car up to the shop and say u want pistons/rods installed, how much should i expect to pay?

6. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

only thing having the engine in the car still does is make it harder to build the engine still the price should range 600-800 bucks for labor

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted