cost to paint car?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i was talking about the pre mix colors and yes i know about mixing brands and such. yes you still have to buy the reducer and stuff im talking about a qt of pre mix base and nothing else

alright man maybe were just more expensive. my fac pac black is around 35 ish. yeah the mixing brands stuff was for hcivic

Last edited:
Chroma paint and base maker paints the same as chroma paint with a generic isocyanate activator/reducer. And there are three different line in the crome series the ChromaBase, ChromaPremier, and ChromaPremier-ChromaLusion. The facts is every manf states only use there reducers ect. Bottom line is if chroma cost to much for you go buy nason paint, covers okay and is cheap as in 100 bucks for 4 liter including reducer and activator. Adn if thats to much you can step down to a generic noname brand paint for even less

it may spray the same but it may not last the same. but whatever you seem to know alot so ill just throw all my dupont certificates away

I never claimed that it lasted forever of that it did mantane the warrenty but the fact is it works and is cheaper. Second dupont pay for you to push their product they will never say another product works. Its not just Dupont but all the big guys that say you can't mix reducers, additives, clears, primers, prep agents, sealers, hell I have even read data sheets that say you can't use a differnt brand of flake.

I am not saying your wrong. But the cost of paint is not 300 not even using all dupont products.

im not saying your wrong either dupont is not paying me to push there paint and say only there stuff works. they dont want other stuff used because they know theres works and the others may not so if i tell all my customers that cheap stuff works fine and it happens to screw up that gives dupont myself and my company a bad name. i just dont think its right telling people to use genaric stuff just because it worked for you. if it works for you and ten other people thats fine but the one poor guy that trys it and has solvent pop issuses cuz the base didnt dry correctly before he cleared then hes gonna be pissed. i ask engine questions cuz i dont know alot about them and if i ask what bov to use and somebody said an 35 dollar ebay one worked for them once its still not right.

I see your point but the person spraying the paint has to take some tiem to read and learn. And always do a test pannel ( help check colour, and prevent issues from popping up). I used nason paint for a job and had more issues than i new what to do with it turned out to be a bad batch of reducer go contaminated ect.

well a beginner needs to do it by the book. at least when mixing the paint. there is a lot more than painting a first timer will do that wont be right. then with experience they can do what ever they figure out what works. ive painted cars for a while now and ive done my share of bending the rules but ive never told my customers that. ive had paint backfire many times but it was my money and time. ohh and have you tried the nason clear 497-00 i sell ia ton of it and it sprays pretty good compared to the good stuff?

I run a cheaper clear ? I will get the name tommorow. It is about 60% the price of nanson but you need to add 10% extra reducer to get it to flow worth a shit

Back