Costco gets sued for $7.5 mil

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well, the hearing isnt until March, but you think she'll get about $200.. why is that??

I can't stand they they won't accept my Visa card, it's bullshit

I don't think that's a fair lawsuit though, based on my assumption that being a manager at Costco would require a fair ammount of lifting that ladies bodies aren't built for

part of that equal pay for equal work thing

I don't think that's a fair lawsuit though, based on my assumption that being a manager at Costco would require a fair ammount of lifting that ladies bodies aren't built for

bullshit.. the managers dont do shit.. they stand in the front of the store and stare at the girls..plus she would lift all that heavy shit.. like the dog food and huge cases of water and what-not..
she had worked there for 5 yrs and applied for a supervisor position w/ a good work record and still didnt get the job.. then she got fired for insubordination, which was bullshit..

Only ONE person benefits from class actions... the Lawyer. Each person, after dividing the costs down, will get like a couple hundred bucks. The lawyer, in the meantime, never has to work again.

well the reason i ask, i had a buddy who was involved a class action suit and it was only for $200,000 and he got like $7000.. it was a much smaller company, but still.. she said alot of people are scared to sign the paper

Only ONE person benefits from class actions... the Lawyer. Each person, after dividing the costs down, will get like a couple hundred bucks. The lawyer, in the meantime, never has to work again.

+1, I hate government imposing laws on free trade and commerce but someone needs to put a 10% cap on lawyers fees

and EG like I said it was based on my esitmation of what a Costco manager does, IF you are right then COSTCO is wrong IMO

if i'm right.. i know i'm right.. my GF came home everyday bitching about how they stand there and stare at her.. and how her back hurts.. and anytime i brought her lunch, there they were standing there doing nothing

she's fine now.. she works for the high school district sitting behind a desk

Not saying how it is anywhere else but at the one near me it is about a 50-50 mix of men and women. The only thing is, more than half of the women are retirees doing the sample things and are fine with it. The men work in the deli, loading the carts, and lifting shit. However I did apply there and the manager was a chick, check that, a super bitch.

I don't think that's a fair lawsuit based on the fact that not every female may want the management position, and it's unfair to a more qualified person if they hire a female manager over this person simply to conform to the equal rights laws.

But I don't know the whole story, so perhaps a few women were pissed that a guy got promoted over them with less qualifications or experience.

Who the hell knows.

maybe she can't lift anything, but she CAN get certified to operate the forklift. c'mon. Even when i worked for a smoothie company I had to lift, fill, deliver, and haul boxes of over 50lbs. I grew a nice set of biceps for it too. ;) It helped me get into shape, but yes, it does take a toll on the back if you haven't been to an ergonomics class, which they HAVE to send you do if you do heavy lifting.

I'm a manager where I work. Why? Because I have experience as a manager, I have worked in the same industry they are in with RESULTS from my last employ, and I just all out know my shit when it comes to coffee, smoothies, and customer service. Some people just aren't management material. (not to say that your girl isn't... but that other women who say 'yea, they were mean to us' for sake of the argument may just be peons.)

If they never offered her a position just because she's female, well, dunno what you'll get from it. But if she could handle the position and the requirements they ask for... as well as the responsibility... then, sure, it's unfair to HER personally, not ALL women who work there.

Last edited:
the suit isnt just over that.. she wasnt paid the day she was fired.. more like a week later.. she recieved wrong amounts on her paychecks sometimes.. all these qualify her to get something outta this.. and she never applied for a manager position, just a supervisor.. which i might add, was given to a male who had worked there for 2 months compared to her 5 yrs..

she should have made a big fit right there. when i was paid incorrectly, i called the boss right away. don't fuck with my paycheck. that's what puts food on my table. there's no more being nice when you do that. i understand mistakes, but that should happen once in a lifetime. not once a month.

i hope she does get something from it. :)

Back