could not stay away from the bass.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Taco15

I wear stretchy pants
So after selling my 13w7 and working on my crx project I broke down and decided to re-install a sub.

This time around I wanted something different. I now listen to alot of latin reggae and the occasional metal. Abandon all ships is now on my favorites thanks to B.

Check it out!

It's a Memphis C3-10'' sub powered by my JL 1000/1. Gain is almost all the way down and still paranoid. :lol: Since i don't listen to heavy bass rap I didn't think the Mojo series was needed.

Attachments

• IMG_20110407_190407.jpg
    IMG_20110407_190407.jpg
    642.3 KB · Views: 482
  • IMG_20110407_190415.jpg
    IMG_20110407_190415.jpg
    613.6 KB · Views: 407
:lol:

It's large because I wanted it to slam.

Because of the design and tuning it hits VERY low notes while still having quick response on the highs too. the JL amp is definitly keeping the sub on it's toes. :lol:

I wanted it to mount all the way behind the seats and still look centered. The depth was the only way to keep it small. it's just deep enough for the amp to fit.

Are those CRX door panels? They don't look like it. Sorry, I opened the picture then my A.D.D. kicked in and I...

yeah your ADD is still kicking :lol: and yes I need a vaccume......

it's my RSX. after replacing the rear speakers with power JBL 5.25's (built in tweeter in center) I realized how much i was missing in sound quality. Is was able to turn up the JL 450/4 and not worrying about blowing the factory rears;

The 13w7 was great but it was too heavy and made car handle like garbage. Thej i realized i don;t like rap that much so it was pointless.

reggaeton and metal have some really kick bass that I was missing so i decided to get this :)

That explains it. I was like, damn, what kinda interior is Taco rocking in the rex and why isn't it in his build thread. Cause my thought train went well theres the inside of the hatch, it must be the crx.

thanks.

it's still kicking! everyone feared the amp would blow it.

yes they do.

No one can believe me when i say I like it better than my 13w7.
hits loud, clean and doesn't make the car wobble every time i turn. :lol:

the crx will most likely get an 8'' or possibly nothing. I haven't decided. i need to get the damn thing running first.

yes it does. It's all about the combination and of course the quality.

the sound a 10 and 12 produce is slightly different depending on the music instruments played. I listened to hip hop with alot low notes when I had a 13W7 in there.

Once I started listening to faster beats such as reggaeton and now "Dubstep" the 10" C3 was perfect and slammed in all areas. It even hit low notes that made my quarter panel flex. :lol:

Back