could use some honda knoledge

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a 88 rex that I put a 1st gen jdm b16 into , it was my first swap and I wired ... stop smiling , theres a few problems here they are, 1. NO VTEC, gettin code 22 I kno what that means ive checked wirering a dozen times and im worried if I replace the vtec OPS it wont fix it .. i kno that this sensor did work fine before (I was in a crash in my old rex) what do you recemend?, 2. this one I kno less about , im not gettin engine temp.. im using the same gauge cluster as before but the temp gauge stays burried in cold ,,, whats does everyone recomend i need the help ... im looking for cheapest fix on this ... thx

THERE ARE COUNTLESS THREADS ON STUFF LIKE THIS. TAKE THE TIME TO LOOK AROUND.

BONUS BECAUSE YOU ARE NEW, READ MY SIG. I CAN USE ANNOYING FORMATS TOO.

Seriously, it takes two seconds. You haven't wired your vtec to your ecu, so when you get there the solinoid doesn't have anywhere to send its signal too. SEARCH the site and you will find a wiring diagram and a complete walkthrough.

thank you so much you guys thank you! that helps so much ...

and you dont kno what your talking about ive cheched the diagrams and i have cheched the wirering a dozen times so anyone else think they kno somthing lol
and i have looked it up both on google and other search engines im not gettin good info .. thats why im asking ppl shit you must sit infront of your conputer alot

Well if you checked the wiring diagrams like you said u did, you'd realize that your vtec solinoid wire goes from your engine shocktower to NOTHING. So u need to splice it and watch it into your obd0/1 ecu vtec wire spot. So obviously these people "know what they're talking about."

Try again.

ok here we go again vtec is wired CORRECTY PERIOD ! its wired the same way it was b4 and it all was fine ... plus im not having trouble with my vtec selinoid, .. 22 ... my vtec oil presure sensor ,,

Back