Couple first Gen SIR1 B16A questions.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Contender

These two questions are related to the engine so i thought it goes in here since im new, but if it goes somewhere else feel free to move it there, thanks.

First question, do the first gen SIR1 b16a have the fan switch located on the back of the block like all the other obd0 motors or is it by the thermo housing like the rest of the obd1 and obd2 B series motors?.

Second question, are the first gen SIR1 b16a identical to the second gen SIR2 b16a, what "exactly" makes the obd1 b16 SIR2 have like 3-4 more torque and 10 more hp then the SIR1 b16a?.

I was thinking, and the only thing i could come up with is that maybe the pistons are differen't, but they suppose to be the same correct?, so then i thought the older manifold style might be more restrictive then the newer one?, or even the cams are "slightly" differen't perhaps?

I tryed searching about this and it's hard to find any real understanding of why that is, but either way guys let me know if you got some info, thanks. :happy:

pistons are the same. the extra power is generally attributed to the slightly more agressive cams.

as for the fan switch, not sure. good luck.

yeah, i hear cam lobes are different...also, oil paths or flow is different i hear(don't think that has anything to do with added tq or hp though). there is i think two other things different on the b16a and the b16a2 though that give the extra compression/tq/hp, but i forgot...sorry...
dunno bout the fan switch either.....

Back