Couple Kept 244 Dogs and 16 Birds at Home

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94RedSiGal

Couple Kept 244 Dogs and 16 Birds at Home
Sep 18, 9:03 am ET

LONDON (Reuters) - Animal welfare officers said on Thursday they removed 244 dogs, 16 birds, five cats, two kittens one rabbit and a chinchilla from a middle-aged couple's modest home in Lancashire, north-west England.
Fifteen staff from the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals raided the three-bedroomed house after a tip-off and spent two days taking the pets from the building in the village of Carnforth.

"It's the largest seizure of animals ever for the RSPCA," the animal welfare organization said.

The dogs found included shih-tzus, dachshunds, lhasa apsos, bearded collies and a corgi. Among the birds were macaws, Amazon parrots and African gray parrots

The animals, removed on veterinary advice, have been sent to RSPCA centers around the UK while an investigation into the find takes place.

:eek:

So what pets you do have at home? I only a two cats and one dog. I'll post up some pictures of my children later on.

Four cats at girlfriend's place, none here- two of them need to find new homes. Anyone in Houston/Austin want a kitten? I'll post pics of them later.

i hate cats. there worthless and all they do is shit in a box and stink up your house

i hate cats too. when i first started dating my chick.....

she told me to bring over my pit bull (who was bred to be a fighter) over to her house after i was done walking her....

well my chick has a cat.

one thing led to another and my pit had her cat in a deathlock....
she had half of her full grown 10lb cat in her mouth and was looking at me....

i guess she wanted me to give her the "go ahead" to kill the cat.

after a few punches to my pits head, she dropped the cat and just looked at me like she was pissed off....

cat needed 20 stiches and 1000.00 of vet bills.

when i got my dog home, found that she had 6 cat teeth lodged in her tounge lol.

fuck cats.

I'll third that.

I'm allergic to cats, and I wouldn't feel one ounce of sadness if they all burned in hell.

Dude, cats take after their owners. I used to have two Brendel Pitts but I had to get rid of them 'cause we moved from my 4 bedroom house to a 1 bedroom appartment. I was so upset from giving them away that when my friend told me his g/fs cat had kittens I went to check them out. I ended up taking 2 of the kittens and now they are the coolest cats you have ever seen. They have great personalities and are nice to come home to. I still miss my dogs but I have a new respect for cats. But yeah, some peoples cats suck. It's because their owners suck.

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Sep 18 2003, 06:29 PM
ill take a bird if anyone is selling one.

What kind of bird? Like a parrot? There are exotic bird rescues that have birds that need homes. But most people have no idea how much effort it takes to really own one of these creatures properly. They are very bright and need a lot of attention. When bored, they chew on wood trim. They are messy and noisy (forget about sleeping in late!). And many of them have the potential to live for many decades...

We have an inside cat and an outside cat. The inside cat is named Joey. He sleeps all day and fucks around all night. The outside cat doesn't need a name. I call him asshole or hey you. It doens't matter...He's deaf and has one eye. You can call him whatever, it doesn't matter.
I hate cats.

I was watching animal cops the other day. They removed 178 cats from a one story house. 100 in the house. 78 in the basement.
That was crazy.

hmmmn got a bull mastiff....2 shitzus.....1 cat....i want a monkey damnit!!! i met some guy at a audio shop...he was walkin around with a baby monkey(like the drunken monkey) said he paid 7grand for it and had to wait 1yr for the guy to breed his monkeys to sell it to him....

Geezy pete. There was a case on Animal planet about a guy who had over 250 cats in a 2 bedroom house. It was nasty in there and the cats were all wild. It was so bad the guy had to move into his garage.

I had 2 ferrets and 2 cats....had to get rid of the ferrets (dad didn't want em at the house when I moved back home) and one cat died. :(

i am finally animal free...but before I moved I lived with a worlds stupids damn dog. I don't even want to talk about that fucker. Khris knows what dog I'm talkin about...he hated the damn as much as I did.

Personally, I have a cat right now...he's 18..before that we had two more cats, a calico and an all black really fluffy cat...we called her fluffy. Cats are great till they hit 15-16. then they start puking everywhere.

I'm allergic to cats but I love them. they're docile and friendly, dogs just fucking bark all the time. I hate my neighbors dogs.

however, my brother has a golden retriever, she's the nicest 60 lb dog you've ever seen...but she's also really lazy. :lol:

I dunno. I've grown up around cats so I'm used to them, and big dogs like rot weilers scare the shit out of me...ever since one snapped at my neck at my aunts house.

All in all, I don't want any animals. Too much hassle & cleaning up after to do.

Originally posted by Def_Jam@Sep 18 2003, 10:00 PM
i am finally animal free...but before I moved I lived with a worlds stupids damn dog. I don't even want to talk about that fucker. Khris knows what dog I'm talkin about...he hated the damn as much as I did.

Yeah. Rascal sucked...till he got hit by that Corvette doing like 80 or so...
Poor bastard...
He was an asshole, but he could have gone another way than that.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+Sep 18 2003, 06:32 PM-->
Tonyd0821
@Sep 18 2003, 06:29 PM
ill take a bird if anyone is selling one.

They are very bright and need a lot of attention.

reason # 1 why birds are my FAVORITE animal bar none.....

intelligence in animals is such a fascinating thing.

its a challenge to me to see how far i can test my animals' intelligence and teach it new things....

I have two dogs, King, a chow mix, 18 years old. That dog just needs to die, it might as well be, just lays around all fuckin' day, and is part cat. It will come up to you to be pet, if you don't him he will bark, if it wasn't long enough he will bark. Other dog is a Jack Russell, Rat Dog, eats your food if you are not careful, hence the name rat. And a Parrot Coco, pretty cool parrot, still a little young, but picking up on some words.

Dude, cats take after their owners. I used to have two Brendel Pitts but I had to get rid of them 'cause we moved from my 4 bedroom house to a 1 bedroom appartment. I was so upset from giving them away that when my friend told me his g/fs cat had kittens I went to check them out. I ended up taking 2 of the kittens and now they are the coolest cats you have ever seen. They have great personalities and are nice to come home to. I still miss my dogs but I have a new respect for cats. But yeah, some peoples cats suck. It's because their owners suck.

:werd:

I also had a cat named Khamari, coolest cat ever, and I hate cats. He was a damn dog, played with a stuffed animal bear and carried it in his mouth, had to get rid of him when we moved from California though, because the two other dogs would have killed him. I will shut up now.

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Sep 18 2003, 11:04 PM

however, my brother has a golden retriever, she's the nicest 60 lb dog you've ever seen...but she's also really lazy. :lol:

Holy shit that must be a small golden. My golden retriever is 114 pounds and he is not overweight. I don't really think he is that big, but I always hear the comments of; your dog is fucking huge, that is the biggest golden I have ever seen, and my favorite your dog is taller than my kids. (a lot of my neighbors have small children :angry: ) I would actually rather hear a dog bark than listen to my neighbors kids scream for hours on end.

I hate cats. I am alergic to certain kinds of cats, and they always tend to attack me. Most cats hate me. There is nothing like have several scratches going down your arms from their sharp nails.

Back