couple of quick questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Iron 1

just some really quick questions,
1.will the manifold off of the zc bolt up to my dx exhaust??
2.do I have to modify the hood?
thanks for any help...

the stock DOHC ZC exhaust manifold will not match your DX exhaust - the DOHC ZC used a 4-2-1 design, so the manifold has 2 outlets where the downpipe connects - you can use DX or Si header and it will match up or you can swap the downpipe for one from 92-95 Civic EX - you may have to modify it slightly to match the exhaust, but it will bolt to the ZC exhaust manifold

we have swapped over 2 dozen ZCs into all models of 88-91 CRXs and Civics and the only problem we have had with the hood hitting the timing belt cover is on ones that have the sound deadening insulation thing on the bottom of the hood - we just cut out a small area of the insulation right at the timing cover and then no problem

I cant speak for the exhaust question because I used a manifold from a 95 civic four door. As far as the hood, everyone told me to worry about hood clearance but I dont know if its because I bought new motor mounts or what but I havnt had any rubbing or hitting. Also check out www.thezcr.com if you havnt already.

I put a ZC in my crx, it was a DX model. I used the zc manifold, zc 2-1 downpipe, and bolted it to the dx cat. I replaced everything else with new stock si parts.

If you can afford it I would get a larger exahust dosnt have to be any thing to sweet like Greddy or anything. Just go down to the local muffler shop and get some 2.25 inch crush bent exahust or if you can afford it mandral bent.

Back