couple of ZC questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Rivan

I own a 1991 CRX DX and i am gonna buy a DOHC ZC here in the next few weeks now i have a few questions about some things. I want to ditch my auto so how difficult would it be to put a SI tranny in? Will the mounts miss match or any thing crazy like that??? That is my main questions, but i got a few more. Withe the DOHC can i get a LS head and make it into a v-tec??? If so how difficult is it? Money tools ect. If any one has done the DOHC ZC swap to a DX crx id love to hear about it send me a tell at crxdx91@hotmail.com thank you in advance for any and all help. You all have a great day.

Doing a auto to manual conversion is a pain in the ass. You need to cut the hole for the 3rd petal and install many other things. The mounts and everything else will match up fine.

You can not put a LS, B16, GSR or any other head on that comes from a B series on a ZC. The ZC motor does come in a SOHC VTEC model tho.... It's basically a D16. 130HP.

Hey thank you very much. Any one here ever put a vtec head in there DOHC zc?? If so let me know how you like it. You all have a great day.

Jeramy

Hell yeah, I put a single cam head on my twin cam motor and hooked up the VTECH wires y0, that shit is the bomb G!!!!! Then I put on headers and ran no cat to my three mufflers.

Sorry, just felt like being a jackass for a minute. No. No-one has put a SOHC VTEC head on their DOHC ZC motor.

Back