couple photos ive done.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

what lens do you recommend for taking car pictures and plant pictures. also a good long zoom lens.

what lens do you recommend for taking car pictures and plant pictures. also a good long zoom lens.

This would be great for an all purpose outdoor lens with really good image quality and a fixed aperture for consistency, great for shooting things at range:

41nW4a0AjAL.jpg

Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM
Amazon.com: Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras: CANON: Camera & Photo

"Good long zoom lens"

71NyVZcpxnS._SL1500_.jpg

Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM
Amazon.com: Canon EF 800mm f/5.6L IS USM Super Telephoto Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras: Camera & Photo

:D

lol.

Anything that's made of L series glass is probably out of his price range. He's going to shit when he clicks those links.

lol.

Anything that's made of L series glass is probably out of his price range. He's going to shit when he clicks those links.

That was part of the idea. :D Unless he's logged into Prime though, he'll have to add them to his cart to see the price.

lol. fuck.

i used my 17-85is for everything. did good close ups and had a good zoom length.

if i needed to get more zoom, i just used my 70-300.
i rarely used that one. bulky, and useless if not on a tripod.

i got a good chuckle a few years back when i was walking around Limerock at one of the races and there was a current gen 3 series sitting in the paddock with a few lenses on the back seat and rear deck that we determined were cumulatively worth more than the car

I use my cheapo kit 55-250 in hand for kids' sports- cranks out some pretty sharp pictures at full zoom with the aperture closed down and tons of available light. Here's an awesome lens that one of my friends is selling:

Canon 100-400 f4.5-5.6L lens

Same on Amazon:

Amazon.com: Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras: CANON: Camera & Photo

61p2reluZvL._SL1000_.jpg

ok so i was expecting the first price... seem alot around that price but holy fuck that second one is ludicrous price. haha

keep in mind is a hobby as for now. im willing to spend up to maybe 500 or 600 even but prefer little less if possible

ok so i was expecting the first price... seem alot around that price but holy fuck that second one is ludicrous price. haha

keep in mind is a hobby as for now. im willing to spend up to maybe 500 or 600 even but prefer little less if possible

Look at some of the cheap Canon branded kit lenses- they'll offer the best image quality at the best price for not much cash, and you can find them on Craigslist for dirt cheap as people unload from their kit camera bundles.

Good price right there, not refurb either. They must be bringing a new lens to market in that segment.

Back