couple pics been doing lately.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

went out and did some pics today of buddys car.

11472249426_4cb7780196_c.jpg

11472306613_5dc15d0ede_c.jpg

11472275216_0bb2f3d2ac_c.jpg

11472200234_1dae95a4db_c.jpg

11472212404_166f8cf0e6_c.jpg

11472286906_e3b1600e0c_c.jpg

11472273014_055a7fccd9_c.jpg

11472302764_1c5d84b849_c.jpg

The car isn't really my style but the pics look really good. Nice job!

The pics look great, the car isn't my style.

IS he friends with dickskate?

lol. no. i dont know anyone thats friends with him.. he actually took time on this car. give the look looks like half the others out there. but has good full suspension and fully built high comp motor with toda spec b cams

Yeah, wheels, camber, cut up timing cover, and jesus christ fix whatever is going on with that hood/bumper it's driving me nuts. All not my thing. But nice pics.

What are you shooting with? Can you control the aperture? Shots where you are targeting something like the front wheel, you want to make sure you are making the viewers eyes go to the wheel. Rather than the whole picture.

Also be mindful of the backgrounds, you don't want things to distract you. Light pole coming out of the car, tree right in front of the car... A well composed picture won't have eye sores so to speak.

Before shooting, always look around the frame you are shooting and look for trash on the roads, trees, signs, lights, power boxes in the background. If they are there you want to shoot in a way where you won't see them. Either by focusing in the car and keeping the background crap blurred.

shooting with canon rebel t3i. yes i can control the aperature..
i was using a tamron 17-50mm f2.8 lens. for the shots.. left it all at 2.8 and whatever shutter speed produced best picture..

rolling shots was with 1/25 shutter speed. f2.8 i tried to get him to go somewhere else where less stuff in background or better stuff but he wanted it there lol.. =P

Those rolloing shots are very clear for a 1/25 shutter speed. Nice job. I think repositioning the car in the parking lot shots would help them a lot. Like Jeffie said, to get the distractions outa the frame. But also, to get the light on the car. Having the side of the car dark, draws attention to the bright background. The second to last has pretty good light on the side of the car.

Are these right off the camera?

Should DL GIMP. Its free, and pretty powerful. You can use it to clone out some of those distractions.

yea. i might do that but as for now just worrying about trying to get good shots down.. editing later after i get a better idea of shots

Gotcha. Nothing wrong with that.

It helped me frame my shots more carefully. Once I had to actually work to find and remove things from the picture, I started spending more time looking at my frames through the camera.

Now I look at a shot and think about what I need to remove with framing and what I can remove in post processing. Just using the framing to make post easier, I guess. But I knit pick every shot I take, so everything gets a little tweaking.

What ISO are those shots at?

Back