couple questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1990whitecrx

first of my 90 rex 1.5 dpfi has a weird condition that i cant duplicate it will start fine for days,then all of a sudden out of nowhere it will crank but no start,like its getting no fuel?? my buddy mentioned something about a lean start relay? its deffiently like something not letting the pump turn on:confused: i give it a few minutes and bam it fires up and runs great! also not sure if its related,,but every now and again my ecu flashes code 16,but no check engine light comes on?

2ndly,,ive been pondering swapping to mpfi,and ive gotten this complete intake from a freind ported and polished...been thinking of possibly swapping to mini me setup down the road,but would like to run this intake now if possible? i understand the wirinig how to get it to mpfi,just not sure if this intake,rail,and injectors will work? all he knows about it,that it was on a running car and its non egr
41329_1554341060632_1298354120_31529730_6238715_n.jpg

not start issue is likely due to the main fuel relay. they commonly fail internally and lead to intermittent problems. here's how to test it
Testing a Honda Main Relay - Honda Main Relay Test - How To Test a Main Relay

looks like a d15b7 intake manifold. it will work for your mpfi swap. if you run the obd1 b7 injectors then you'll need to delete the resistor box. otherwise just swap in the obd0 injectors and don't fudge with it.

baby blue though? really lol

Back