Couple Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok, so i finally got my car fixed after not having it for a week. We replaced the water pump and so on. Tried to start and it wont, battery is good starter is brand new. all the connections are good to the starter. We were messing with the grounds from the battery and the one from the frame to the block and a couple times it fired right up without any problems, but as soon as i shut it off it wouldnt fire up. This has been an ongoing problem but usually it starts after the 3rd or 4th try. it would just click as it was trying to start but wouldnt do anything with each turn of the key. im not really sure what the problem could be. Could it be that the grounds are bad? the wires are pretty corroded and im replacing those today to see if that helps. Also the ground for the starter doesnt fit on there very securley, but it stays on, could that be the problem? I think im going to get a new battery just in case to see if that helps if i cant figure anything else out. But i figured i would ask around first before i spent the money on something i dont really need.
Next problem, My right rear tire locks up sometimes but only when i go in reverse. Brake fluid is good and the lines arent leaking on to the pads. I think its getting hung up somewhere im just not sure. My E-brake light stays on all the time even when the brake is off. But it only locks up every once in a while. any ideas? any and all help is greatly appreciated!!!

^^ thats not always true. if it just gives a click when you try to turn it over then the battery isnt giving it enough juice.
test the battery.

and the brakes, take the drum off the rear and look at the condition of the drum and shoes. make sure that the ebrake cable moves correctly, dont try to pull the ebrake while the drum is off bc you will be pissed at the result.
check your lines and cables.

yea i heard what that does when u pull it lol....Thanks alot man. Ill give that a try

So i figured out y my car wouldnt start off the key...yea i broke the solenoid apparently when i put in the new starter in and never realized it. somehow i broke the positive terminal on it. So i had to buy another new starter yesterday when we were changing my clutch. it sucked lol

did you get a refund on the new starter that you bought?
all you have to do is tell them it was like that when you got it

Back