cps code after swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

delsol_racer

hey
i have a 95 delsol and i got a 93 civic hb motor from a friend and i put the motor in with no prolbmes but now that the motor is in its putting out a whole lot of smoke from the muffler and its revving up and down and and when it hits 5000 rpms its like boggs out and wont go past it.
i do have a check engine light on and its a cylinder pisotion sensor and i put a ohm meter on tha sensor and its reading fine,
so i dont know what to do and i need my car so ne help will help
and if its in tha wrong tread my bad point me to the rightone please

Twitch

try unpluging it while the car is running and see if there is a diffrents, the code is there for a reason

unplug tha cps? cuz it has tha crank and top dead center sensor on tha same plug and they all came back with tha right amount of ohm's but ill tryit when i get a chance ne other advice say i do unplug it uthink it will be tha wires running to the ecu
cuz it had the same code with tha last motor too but i changed everything i had a complete swap my friend put a turbo b18 into his hatch and sold me tha motor for 2 hundred dollers and i know it wasnt bad when he too it out cuz i drove tha hatch and now that its in my car its acting up

my bad i was thinking of the tps sensor, what code number is it having

when i check the light it blinks 9 times and in the book it says cps and i put an ohm meter on it and it says that its putting the right amount of ohms out so i dont know what else to do

then y do u think it would be throwing that card do u think maybe my ecu is bad?

yea wel ima take tha car to him and ask him what he thinks maybe i did something wrong but i dont think i did
so yea im not sure if u have ne other ideas please feel free to share

what ecu are you using? make sure your not running an automatic ecu. ive seen that before.

no its tha cylinder position sensor and i know its in tha dizzy but heres tha thing.
i put an ohm meter on it and its givving me 430 ohms and in tha book it should be putting out between 350-700 and another thing is that it happended in my stock motor and thats y i changed it. then i still have tha same prolbem but i aslo changed tha dizzy too so i cant see both of them being bad i was also told i was running tha wrong ecu so im hopping that it goes away with tha switch

Back