CR-V block with type-R head :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

paranoid

In the future I will want to make the following modification on my car but I have heard rumors about this kind of swap.I have heard that the cr-v block dont last long and I was wundering if any of you has ever heard of the same come back??I want to know if the guy that told me this info is a liar or if he was really telling the truth. thx

QUIT POSTING THE SAME BULLSHIT.

I have had to delete 3 copies of this fucking post already.

If it's built right, it will last a VERY long time. Realize that every single one of the "frankenstein" build is a custom setup, so every one is different. I melted a piston on my B20/VTEC from user stupidity, but the engine held up perfect through 45k miles. The crank and crank bearings came out perfect, almost like they had just been installed.

Build it right, and it will be just as reliable as an OEM Honda engine.

And how much horsepower and Torque (lb-ft ) should I have when this kind of mod will be done?? anybody knows??

well for whp you could have anywhere in the range of 170-260whp pending on setup and other parts. Wtq numbers should be in the 130-160 range.

Milan

Then shouldn't I be better off with an H22A in my civic, 220hp and 163 of torque.I just want the best engine to start off with and then start sooping it up.H22A or CR-V block with type R head? This is all confusing I dont know what to do anymore?Im a noob at this :( but im in for some learning before I do anything on my car

an H series engine in a civic is good for drag racing .... thats about it
but several of the fastest hondas in the world are doing it with B series engines so its not like they are slugs or anything

Ok here is what I want in my 1993 honda civic si coupe;
1- at least 900 horsepower/ 900 lb/ft torque
2-it has to be a 4 cylinder and the motor has to be honda (fuck the other brands)
3-5 speed manual transmission (personally i hate 6 speed) dont ask why
4-Im ready to spend up to 100 000$ canadian. U DO THE MATH :)

Now the question is WHAT MOTOR SWAP do I need to start off with??

How do you plan to pull 900 lb/ft out of a 4 cylinder with fewr than 3.0L displacement?

This isn't happening on gasoline, you will have to build for Nitro. It is going to take a very well thought out turbo system, some pretty amazing head work, a bottom end with some pretty exotic parts, and lastly a budget big enough to handle tearing the engine down and rebuilding it after every pass.

lol ok, but i just want the maximum hp and torque for my civic without using any nitro.I hate nitro, dont ask why.Just want to know what hp and torque I would end up with 100 000$ canadian with all the specs I have mentioned above.

I find it highly unlikely that you will achieve the numbers listed above on gas. How much research into this have you done? Do you actually have 100,000 CDN in hand and you are willing to blow all of it on this engine? This feels like another "ricer question", please don't waste the members time and bandwidth.

look of course I dont have 100000$ in my hand right now but thats how much I am willing to put on my civic and if u dont believe me well then dont.I know it sounds crazy but my car is like my baby nah mean? Im sure u kinda feel the same way as I do.Go ahead say Im crazy but I know what my goal is and If i have to do sacrifices in order to make it happen I will.Now I have done some research lately and now I know that an H22A type S is what I need. Now all I am asking from u is up to how much HP can I get if I soop my baby up to the MAX but without using nitro.Just how much HP and TORQUE can I get up to??If u can answer this question then u r good and I will stop posting.

Originally posted by paranoid@Jul 23 2003, 01:08 PM
Ok here is what I want in my 1993 honda civic si coupe;
1- at least 900 horsepower/ 900 lb/ft torque
2-it has to be a 4 cylinder and the motor has to be honda (fuck the other brands)
3-5 speed manual transmission (personally i hate 6 speed) dont ask why
4-Im ready to spend up to 100 000$ canadian. U DO THE MATH :)

Now the question is WHAT MOTOR SWAP do I need to start off with??

are you serious? or are you fucking moron 12 year old with all of daddys cash? 900 ft/lbs and 900 hp? you should find yourself a TT supra and convert to single turbo.. i dont see anything making 900 ft/lbs of tq, that is just insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back