1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cr/vtec Bottom End Building?

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by importimage, Apr 27, 2003.

1. importimage

importimage Senior Member

1. I currently have a completly stock CRV bottom end with a B17a head turbocharged. I ran 301 HP at the wheels on a Dynojet at 10 PSI boost. I am not so knowledgable about bottom ends because I have never done one before. My question to you all is, what parts are required when building the bottom end of this engine and what brand names would you recommend???? I know I need pistons and the connecting rods shot peened.....but what else..

2. Does anyone know of a thicker than stock head gasket that I can use that will provide a better seal? I have looked at the Mr Gasket application list and they have one for LS/VTEC...would that be the same for the B20B CRV block????

2. CriztheWiz

CriztheWiz Banned

This link may help you out or it may not www.theoldone.com

3. thetoymaker

thetoymaker Senior Member

I know you can get up to 3mm head gaskets strait from japan, but you have to go there to get one.
    There's a local shop here that makes custom headgaskets, up to 2mm thick, I've got an order for one in now.

4. timEspeed

timEspeed Senior Member

My three favorite words: Ductile Iron Sleeves
    I for get who sells 'em but I see the ad all the time. They're a closed deck sleeve made out of iron. The block should be able to handle alot more boost compared to the stock sleeves.
    OR you could sell your built block and buy the Dart b20. Its got the closed-deck sleeves along with titanium valve springs among other goodies. I e-mailed them and asked what boost it could handle, up to 32psi!
    check it out.;/

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted