Cr/vtec Bottom End Building?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

importimage

1. I currently have a completly stock CRV bottom end with a B17a head turbocharged. I ran 301 HP at the wheels on a Dynojet at 10 PSI boost. I am not so knowledgable about bottom ends because I have never done one before. My question to you all is, what parts are required when building the bottom end of this engine and what brand names would you recommend???? I know I need pistons and the connecting rods shot peened.....but what else..

2. Does anyone know of a thicker than stock head gasket that I can use that will provide a better seal? I have looked at the Mr Gasket application list and they have one for LS/VTEC...would that be the same for the B20B CRV block????

I know you can get up to 3mm head gaskets strait from japan, but you have to go there to get one.
There's a local shop here that makes custom headgaskets, up to 2mm thick, I've got an order for one in now.

My three favorite words: Ductile Iron Sleeves
I for get who sells 'em but I see the ad all the time. They're a closed deck sleeve made out of iron. The block should be able to handle alot more boost compared to the stock sleeves.
OR you could sell your built block and buy the Dart b20. Its got the closed-deck sleeves along with titanium valve springs among other goodies. I e-mailed them and asked what boost it could handle, up to 32psi!
check it out.;/

Back