CR-Vtec in a 1990 CRX - OBD-0 / 1 or 2???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kevmick69

I am currently building a B20B engine with a B18C5 head and some boost and dropping it into a 1990 CRX Hf. I am looking for recommendations as to whether to keep the car OBD-0, or convert it to OBD-1 or 2. I was hoping someone could explain to me what the benefits are of the different options. Also, is it better to go with a chipped ECU and maybe a VAFC-2 system piggybacked or are the standalone Hondata or AEM EMS systems a better bet. I am pretty new at this and any help would be appreciated

OK, I read all the articles here and there was a little contradiction there. In one place it stated to go with the ECU and harness that corresponds to the head, which in my case would be OBD-2. However, it also recommended changing the distributor and injectors and staying OBD-0. Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Stick with obd-0 since the crx ecu harness is already obd-0. Plus by leaving it at obd-0, you dont have to hook up all those extra sensors and wires that an obd-2 requires. Also Id go with the hondata.

Okie, sounds like Hondata is probably the way to go. Are there any benefits to the OBD-1 conversion and the other sensors, or will the Hondata "fill in the gaps" If there is a reason to convert please let me know. Otherwise I'm assuming I'll need a B16A harness and a PR3 ECU? Thanks for the help!!

Back