CR-Z announced.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the fc sport is horrid.... looks like a lambo from the side, a jet from the rear, a bad interoperation of a bugatti in the front and looks like it has 2 nitrous bottles in the back... it makes me sick to look at its like ripping off 10 different cars at the same time :puke:

TL head lights, and buuuuh I wnt to say EP coupe tails? :dunno: Honestly IMO the Insight came the closest to the new age CRX.

the fc sport is horrid.... looks like a... bad interoperation of a bugatti in the front...
Or...
Clone-Trooper-FC-Sport-Sep.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! So the FC is just a chopped storm trooper helmet?

The CRZ needs to be tiny, super light, super nimble, and share its engine/trans/suspension with the RSX-S. Done, easy, and they have most of the parts already. I'd ask for a supercharged model but I know that won't happen in 100 million years.

I shall wait 10 years, buy one, gut it, and build it. Because I'm not going to plunk down serious coin on a new car just to strip it down and replace its guts. Thats what the rex is for!

They need an Si Model.

Last edited:
Insight was the shit. Guess they fucked that up too. I'd like to go check out a crz, but the problem is they see me clunking in in a broken ass accord and they know I don't have money. Eh, maybe I'll get to joyride one in 10 years or so. E is right though, there is always gonna be someone who bitches. Everyone wants awd? I want rwd. Everyone wants a k20? I want good fuel economy. Can't please all of the people all of the time.

Well.. Look at the heritage.. The CRX was born of a civic, an economy car. They chopped it, stripped it, lightened it, for performance purposes. Also found that it made great leaps in both economy and performance, hence the HF and Si models. So a hybrid is fine. FWD is pretty much a must, because it really wouldn't make sense to make a fwd car into a rwd, thats like putting a fwd in a corvette.. Sort of.. AWD is dreaming more or less. A hybrid model is fine, they should slap an HF badge on its ass and market the hell out of it, kill everyone in the hybrid market. But they should also offer an Si model with the rsx engine or something like it. But going from a small motor to a bigger motor is a world apart from designing a chassis to be a hybrid and then swapping motors out.. Just isn't going to happen.

I hope I'm wrong.

Just go into work at night and reprogram the machines to slap that body shell on an S2k. Roll a few dozen off of the assembly line and crate them up. (Badge them as the CR-Z HS) I'll be coming by to pick mine up tomorrow some time.

Waiiit.. I'm on to something here.. B?? What about HS badges for the ass of the car, done exactly the same way as stock HF/Si badges? Wonder how hard that would be?

Am I the only one who read the Yahoo article two days ago on teh CRZ saying its coming with a 1.5L electric supercharged engine? or did i just somehow make that up

The honda site said it is a hybrid. I'm more apt to believe them than anyone else.

Now, if they slapped an RSX-S engine in it and then added hybrid technology for evil (more power) that would be fucking win.

Well.. Look at the heritage.. The CRX was born of a civic, an economy car. They chopped it, stripped it, lightened it, for performance purposes. Also found that it made great leaps in both economy and performance, hence the HF and Si models. So a hybrid is fine. FWD is pretty much a must, because it really wouldn't make sense to make a fwd car into a rwd, thats like putting a fwd in a corvette..

:werd:

It's really not about making it what the customers want, but rather sticking to it's original roots. I don't know why you guys would want it RWD or AWD; as that fits the criteria of the Miata and WRXs. The frontengine/FWD setup is much more compact and lighter.

As for a performance engine; I'd say they just stick to the Si engine or even the EX engine; as giving it as much power as the RSX-S may take sales away.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who read the Yahoo article two days ago on teh CRZ saying its coming with a 1.5L electric supercharged engine? or did i just somehow make that up

i read the same article... i thought it made mention of a 1.3L... but i might be thinking of something else i read...

but either way it will not have an "electric supercharger" it will have the same IMA system that honda has been using... so it will have a thin electric motor mounted between the engine and transmission that kicks in for assist and added power when needed... just like the original Insight, the Civic Hybrid, the Accord Hybrid, and the new Insight...

here it is on the original Insight
honda-ima-engine-hybrid-photo436.jpg

and here is a cutaway
Honda%20IMA%20System%20Cutaway.JPG

E: downboy. You have a 1.3l 3-cylinder IMA hardon. Please stop. lol.

Imagine, fit engine + accord v6's IMA. That'd be one fun drive.

this still doesn't change the fact that I want a 1.5l lean-burn fit engine with the accord v6's IMA system. That would haul ass.

How about 1 1.0L motor directly powering a generator, and 4 electric motors? 2000 ft lbs of torque anyone?

Back