Cracked b16 Cam Cap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tman6925

Well my No.1 intake cam cap is broken, it was like that when i bought the head recently, is there a way to fix this? Multiple people have told me jb weld will work fine since its just the part where the rubber seal contacts and not the cam itself, what do you guys think? Or have any of you repaired one like this before? really appreciate feedback, thank you :)
l_55b31d6fac801f821e4cbd07585ffca4.jpg

Underside
l_e6614e8779dff1c587c1de170ad2c80a.jpg

Top side

thats what i figured, thats why i wanted some experienced input, thanks :) replacements are very hard to find as well. I called honda and to get one they want me to buy a whole damn head, :eek: blows choda!

Yup honda isnt good with the B engines, when i go to Honda and order a part i have to order from a 2000 civic SiR (im in Canada), a PCV valve cost $40! So i should get a parts engine.

someone's gonna spend some time on ebay! dude, use the macro setting on your camera, it'll make a world of difference

You are probably better off jb welding it. You cant buy a single cam cap from Honda, im pretty sure the caps are all machined at once for each individual head when they are made. If you try and find another one off a different head you run the risk of seizing or damaging the camshaft if you dont have the head line honed.

lol ya sorry about the pics but the only camera i have is a cell phone but its still enough to see the crack is all the way through. I plan on getting it line honed obviously if i get a new one haha ya i jb welded it just to see if it could even hold, not so much.. so now i need to get a new one and get it machined i guess, i dont want to get a new head, this one is very clean and after measuring all clearances between the journals and camshafts and they were well within specs, so now i just have to deal with the trouble of finding a new cam cap someone is selling or something..

Last edited:
Back