cracked head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dirty d

:wtf:

So i buy this zc motor to put in my 91 crx and its only $ 600 delivered. no problem, right so i put it in at my buddys body shop, no problems drove it home and then pulling in to the driveway saw a little smoke under the engine. not overheated by anny means but shure enough a 1 inch crack in the head wright in the middle of the head right under the valve cover. Yah W.T.F.

Anyway anywone know if you can put an integra head on an 88 zc motor, if so what year integra (88-91)?

dirty d Stranded peace.

sohc or dohc zc?

If you want a new head I will see what I can find for you. I come across them all the time.

Originally posted by dirty d@Dec 13 2003, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the reply Keith. Sory its a dohc. I think an 88 prelude head might fit?

it wont fit.

If you want the same gains you have to get another zc head.

Thanks guys, I guess im going to jb weld it for now so it dosent leak oil, take it easy for the winter and save for those pricy motor mounts from Hasport for my b16 motor. Then look the fuck out.

beleive it or not you may be safe with the JB weld. That's an old mechanics triick. V8 guys love that shit.

You can use the 88-89 teg head although if you want the performance of the zc you have to switch over the cams they are a little better in the ZC, You can probly pick up a cheap head off a teg and have enough for a 3 angle valve job and maybe a port n polish ;)

Back