Cracked tranny case questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

deth101

Okay so I have a crack in my tranny case right around the 32mm seal bolt[dont ask other than I'm a fucking moron who has/had a crappy 1/2 tq wrench] and I'm wondering if I can have it welded.I need to know if that area of the case with the internals in can take the heat from a weld or 700F for HTS-2000

http://newtechnologyproducts.net/aluminum_repair.htm

The HTS-2000 sounds great but will I fry anything if I use it or have someone weld it,I could go buy a pound of heatsink clay but I'm not a welder and know very little about it other than a tig could be bad with the internals still in the case.I'm not sure of my ability to take the internals out and put them in a new case myself and I cant afford to have someone else transfer them right now as I've searched and heard that is expensive.

If it cant be welded has anybody had any luck with JBweld type stuff and if so what is best cause I was also looking at Permatex® Hi-Temp Aluminum Repair Compound and that seems better than JB.Thanks all.

I've never used JB weld on my parts, but they do use that shit to patch holes in catepiller blocks, so I'm sure if you clean your case and give it a good bonding surface it will work. As for actually welding :shrug2:

Either take the internals out and weld it or leave it for some one who can- jb weld with not work on tranny case . buy a helms and have some fun other wise just go buy a new tranny! unless you have a type r tranny or an lsd tranny its not that expensive 600 tops ! 300 is its an ls d series is dime a dozen !

I have my helms,I'm somewhat mechanicaly inclined,and I did my swap,auto-to-man,and suspension but am still leary to dig in the tranny,think I could do it?

About how much will it cost for stuff that has to be replaced just for opening it,I already have hondabond.

I've just never opened a tranny before and heard it can be a nightmare,is this something I can do with my helms and basic tools or do I need the special tools in the front page of the helms tranny section?

what kind of tranny is it d or b and you can weld with stuff in it just make sure you get a welder not a handy man to do the job i did that to my accord tranny when i put in an h23 just had it welded up no problems

ONCE AGAIN TAKE IT TO A REAL WELDER

JB weld is A GREAT TEMPORARY FIX. My tranny went from leaking about a half a quart of fluid a day, to almost nothing. Id acutally just look for a new casing for the permanent solution.

twisted,its my b16 and the welders I have talked to wont gaurntee the internals and I'm very hesitant without some sort of something that my internals will be ok,a new case is like 250 but new internals are way more.,and yes a new case is the awnser but my question is how hard is pulling and reassembling the internals.

Back