1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

crank angle problems

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by bradley91, May 5, 2009.

1. bradley91

bradley91 New Member

i just got a 91 hatch with a d15b1 and spent all my money on it so i have alot of parts laying around so i put a intake and distributor from a 92 d15b7 wired it all up and now im throwing a crank angle code its not my first conversion but its the first time i did it with out swaping the motor u guy think its a losing battle, any ideas?

2. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

you cannot use the D15B7 OBD1 distributor with an OBD0 ECU, if that is what you are trying to do - you need an OBD0 distributor from 88-91 CRX/Civic Si or HF or EX

3. bradley91

bradley91 New Member

than how do i wire it up the old distributor does not have all the correct wires it has 5 apose to 7 know of any tech on it thanks

4. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

you need to add wires from the ECU to the distributor - go here:

FourthGenHatch

if you are using the D15B7 injectors, you won't need the injector resistor box

5. 89' Project Civic

89' Project Civic d16a6/d16y8 "mini-me"

You say it has 5pins?, that sounds like a Cx distributor. The Si has 7-pins. If so, do you have DPFI or MPFI?. OHHHH, I see your problem, you put a d15b7 intake manifold and distributor on your set-up. You have to convert to OBD-1 in order to use that intake manifold!. When and if you get the OBD-1 ECU jumper you will have a sub harness with about 8 extra wires to wire through your firewall into your engine bay. As well, you should swap a d16y8 head in there and everything should work fine:). If you have any more questions let me know and I would love to help you.

6. 89' Project Civic

89' Project Civic d16a6/d16y8 "mini-me"

In order for the E.C.U. to read it right you need to add 2 wires from your engine bay to your E.C.U.. I just did this wiring and it's pretty simple actually.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted