Crank Angle Sensor missing!!! HELP URGENT!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

daddymax

Ok I just picked up my 99 spec JDM b18c type r motor. Now I have everything complete, with ECU and axles and everything.

But my guy who's installing it said it's missing the crank angle sensor and it looks like there was never one in teh motor.

This motor was previously installed in a EG and he used achipped P28, so the Crank angle sensor wasn't needed.

What am I going to do? Or is this normal? Will my 99 jdm ITR ecu still run it fine? Did the 99 spec JDM itr motors come with crank angle sensors?

The crank angle sensor is on teh back near the oil pump, right?

ANY HELP appreciated!!!!

thanks in advance.

Im not too sure if the JDM ITR ECU looks for the crank angle sensor or not but if its does you are going to run into problems. One way you could go is use a chipped ECU as the previous owner that eliminates the crank angle sensor.

you don't need to worry about your crank position sensor becuase on the ITR it is in the distributor, you don't need to use the plug just leave it. You can use the itr ecu or one that will not "look" for it because it is in the distributor

Back