Crank But No Start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gyallis

The engine cranks compresses but no start!

I put a 95 ZC(equivalent to d16z6 i think) in my 97 civic lx, I modified the lx harness and zc distributor(with lx's together) and the engine will not start. I know the crank sensor on the lx was at a different position from the ZC but i was tol that it would still work. Everything is in perfectly and the original harness is mod to fit(I switched connectors).

Do i have to really look for a 95 delsol si harness, and p28 ecu, or is there another problem?

Im getting a p28 anyway but i was under the impression that it woul work, or atleast start the engine.

HELP PLEASE

Originally posted by gyallis@May 16 2003, 07:45 AM
Im sure of fuel spark and distributor, but what do you mean by throwing codes?

He means that you need to jump the service connector for your ECU,and look at you CEL (check engine light),and count the flashes (example four long,one short = 41),then look up the number in the service manual and go about troubleshooting the problem.

OK i took apart the distributor an checke the wiring, everything seems fine. A mechanic told me the engine wont start because of the crank sensor from the 97LX is located in a different position, he said the only option i have is to get the full wire harness from a 95 ex or si along with the computer. Other people tol me that the harness's from obd1 &2 are electrically the same, Is there more wiring needed, is there anyway to relocate the signal from the sensor to the obd2 position?

Yeah, it's always good to use the same wiring harness/ECU that goes with the engine, especially if you go from non-vtec to vtec. Your Civic is wired for OBD2, but if you put in a D16Z6, you would need obd components (P28 ECU, Si Wiring harness from 92-95 civic, or 93-95 del sol, OBD1 distributor, etc)

Back