Crank from h22 obd2 prelude the same from a OBD1 h22 ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

accordguy

Is the crank that comes from a 2002 obd2 prelude the same crank that is a JDM 92-95 h22a ob1 engine? I know that the JDM is a closed deck block and the newer prelude engines 97 and up are open deck but does it matter? I also want to know if the piston rods are the same as well. I’m in the middle of rebuilding my JDM h22a and need a new crank and I have to replace one piston rod. I have the option of buying a crank intake manifold and rods from this guy for 275 shipped. So I need to know if I can use these parts in my car before I buy them. THx

I agree. To the best of my knowledge, the base of the motor is the same, regardless of deck or OBD. The pistons themselves are a little different from JDM to USDM, with different compression ratios, but the rods should be the same. The crank too.

BTW, 275 shipped sounds very reasonable. I've purchased and sold parts on Ebay, and the shipping is expensive. It's probably gonna run $60+ just in shipping.

Back