CRANK NO START

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey guys I need help. I have a 96 ex with a 97 gsr motor.. I was driving down the highway the other day and it started to bogg down on accel. It did it that one time and didnt act up again until the other day. It bogged again and died while i was driving. I tried to start it back up and it just cranked. I let it sit awhile and it started back up and I drove it home and as I approached my house it started bogging again. I figured it would be the coil or ignitor, I had another dizzy so i slapped it on and it fired right up. I let it get to operating temp and went and drove the piss outta it, no problems. I let it sit over night and went to crank it in the morning and it turned over but wouldn't fire up... wtf. Any one have any ideas?....main relay, Grounds, why would it act up sometimes but not all the time? Any Ideas on where to start?

I had a friend tell me that it could be the crank angle sensor.. is this possible? I had to convert it from a 3wire to a 2 wire.........any thoughts?

It could be something as easy as bad gas. that shit happened to me not long ago. Check your fuel pump too.

Back