crank, no start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mes

Hey Guys need some help
I have a 94 Honda Accord EX the was parked up for bout 5 yrs, when i got it, i had to change the fuel pump and sending unit because the old one wasn't working, then i go tit running. turned it off and when back bout to hours later to start it and all it does is crank, any suggestion?

youre not getting fuel or spark. soundl like you got something loose. check the distributor connections both plug wirse and electrical connectors. check that the plug wires are pushed on the plugs good. you may just have a bad icm (ignition control module) ignition coil or a bad fuel pump relay...which i think is part of the ecm main relay...can you hear the fuel pump turn on when you put the key in and turn it to the on (no engine cranking)?

Yes I Can hear the Fuel Pump when the key is on, i don't think its the main relay cause i have 3 different ones that i tested it with and nothing changed. No I haven't Changed the fuel pump, but the think is it was running when i first changed the pump, everything was good, engine smooth, etc. It's just after 3 hr it didn't start

i am talking about the fuel filter not the fuel pump. but since you can hear the fuel pump its not your relay. the fuel filter may be clogged from all the shit sittin in he tank while the vehicle was sitting unused. gas is corrosive and may have loosened corrosion which is now clogging the fuel filter. pull your main fuel line off your fuel rail crank the engine quickly to see if fuel comes out. put the fuel line into a bottle so fuel dont spill onto the engine. you should put fuel pressure gauges on to tset it correctly but this will tell you if youre geting fuel. to see if youre getting enough fuel pressure you will need fuel pressure gauges

No I didn't change the fuel filter, so i'll try the fuel test and let you know how it goes

Plus what if i'm getting pressure to the fuel rail, but the injectors are plugged, do i replace them?

if you have fuel to the fuel rail and you also have enough fuel pressure, you can test your fuel injectors. this is just a somple test using a multimeter resistance test. disconnect the electrical connectors on the injectors and measure the ohms on the injector contacts. check them against the injector specs. if they dont meet the specs, replace them. you can even do this test before you start messin with the fuel rail since its so easy and quick. you can also try cleaning the injectors by removing them and spraying carburator cleaner on them but everyone i know either scores good saved injectors or they have issues that leave them wonderin about the injectors when theyre done. i like replacing them and being done with it.

Back