crank pulley bolt

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95teg

any ideas how to get the crank pulley bolt off 95 teg gsr. ive tried impact wrench.

Soak it in PB Blaster, Put the car in gear and have a friend hold the brakes while you get it off with a breaker bar. That worked for me.

Yeah I usually use a breaker bar as well with a 2 ft. extension bar on it.

My impact gun can only get them off maybe half the time.

there is an actual tool for that. any tool store should be able to get it...

They're not the cheapest tool though, and how many more times will he use it? Maybe a couple.

I know for at least d-series, the haynes manual calls for sticking a flathead screwdriver into the flywheel, and I know thats what worked for me, but I don't know if b-series would be the same or not.

They're not the cheapest tool though, and how many more times will he use it? Maybe a couple.

I know for at least d-series, the haynes manual calls for sticking a flathead screwdriver into the flywheel, and I know thats what worked for me, but I don't know if b-series would be the same or not.
+1..this dude knows what es talking about..he helped me out alot

You can block the flywheel with a B series too if you don't want to spend the money for the tool..

I found one for a decent price Crank Pulley Holding Tool for Honda and Acura
but I don't know how well it will hold up.. all the Powerbuilt tools I've ever seen were pretty cheap quality.

Yes, I guess I should have worded it better, I know how it'll help, but I don't know how much help it will be being that I also know some of their stuff to not be the best quality either.

Sorry, me and a couple buddies just killed 3 large pizza's and I'm thinking about the gym tomorrow more than anything:confused:

I see what you meant.. I was confused it sounded like you didn't know what the tool was for, but you mentioned it earlier so I wasn't sure lol :)

daveholiday

'Sorry, me and a couple buddies just killed 3 large pizza's and I'm thinking about the gym tomorrow more than anything:confused:' -dave

i am becoming fond of your personality :)

Back