crank pulley install Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i just ordered a new crank pulley that will allow my engine to fit in my car... finally....... anyway... i was wondering if anyone has done this yet and if so if you have any tips or things to avoid... thanx

its atleast a 2 person job,,get a torque bar and if you want bring your car to my house and when we are done you could help me throw my c pulley on..=) let me know

Originally posted by ckyhimself@Sep 12 2003, 02:22 PM
i just ordered a new crank pulley that will allow my engine to fit in my car...

What kinda car?
Is it a B series?

Most the time when putting a B series or H 22 in a Civic/CRX You have get a sledge hammer a beat the pis out of the frame to clear the crank pulley.

ya nine times out of ten crank pulleys come off really hard. You are going to want to get one of the wrenches that has a big hollow socket with a long bar welded to it to hold the pulley itself from moving. Then you can go through that big sucket with another regular socket to loosen the bolt. i think moroso makes the tool i am talking about or if you crafty and have a welder you can fab one your self

Back