1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

crank pulley install Questions

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by ckyhimself, Sep 12, 2003.

1. ckyhimself

ckyhimself Member

i just ordered a new crank pulley that will allow my engine to fit in my car... finally....... anyway... i was wondering if anyone has done this yet and if so if you have any tips or things to avoid... thanx

2. kingwilly

kingwilly Senior Member

its atleast a 2 person job,,get a torque bar and if you want bring your car to my house and when we are done you could help me throw my c pulley on..=) let me know

3. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

torqu is key here, one can do it but you might need another hand for the project.

4. gocivicls

gocivicls Senior Member

What kinda car?
    Is it a B series?

Most the time when putting a B series or H 22 in a Civic/CRX You have get a sledge hammer a beat the pis out of the frame to clear the crank pulley.

5. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

ya nine times out of ten crank pulleys come off really hard. You are going to want to get one of the wrenches that has a big hollow socket with a long bar welded to it to hold the pulley itself from moving. Then you can go through that big sucket with another regular socket to loosen the bolt. i think moroso makes the tool i am talking about or if you crafty and have a welder you can fab one your self

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted