Crank Pulley Removal

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16GSR

B Series Guru
Can anyone give me a detailed walkthrough on how to get the crank pulley off of a b16a. My friend has a CRX with it and he cannot get the bolt off. Thanks

If the tranny is off this is how I take it off.
k20hatch105.jpg

I used a $300 craftsman impact. without air power, i would have put the car in gear, and have someone get in and hold the brake pedal, this way the engine cant turn over without turning a wheel. if someone is preventing the wheels from turning, you lock your engine in place (so long as the clutch is NOT pressed). use a couple 1/2" drive extentions and the largest breaker bar you could find. I've used a breaker bar and the handle to my jack with varied success in the past
, but i dont recomend stressing the breaker bar that much. with the vehicle in the air, front wheels off, and plastic wheel well trim removed, you have a straight shot at the pulley.

grab impact gun (675 ft.lb.tq, 21 gal air compressor, with 100 psi at the gun, thats what i used 2-3 weeks ago)

and blast that baby, she'll break lose, have someone hold pulley, keep it from turning, make sure you use a impact socket, regular socket will break (trust me)

that dont work,,,,,take it to your local auto repair shop,,,,,,or to your local dealer

next time do a search, saves everyone time

Last edited:
Back