Crank Pulley

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zueke

:wtf: Okay, so I must be offically a retard, but I can't get the bolt on the crank pulley off. Could someone please tell me exactly what must be done? In case anyone doesn't know, I have the D16z6 in the 1994 Del Sol which I am working on. I do have an air compressor and a nice impact gun. Thanks!

try heating the bolt with a torch. if that doesn't work get a big torque wrench. if the bolt has never been off before it could have as much as 300lb/ft of torque on it. all i know is that when i pulled the one off my d15b7 that thing was a son of a bitch to get off.

Alright so right now we are trying to use a mapi torch on it and the air impact gun set at 100 psi to try and get this off. We've tried both counterclockwise and clockwise rotation to get it off and no luck so far. My stupid manual is confusing, so which way is it supposed to come off? Yes, I am a retard.

do not heat it up you retard, if you dont know, there is a crank seal behind that pulley, do you want to burn your engine up when it runs out of oil?
jones

I had a similar problem with my new motor, I just braced the flywheel against a crowbar and the ground and then got a breaker bar to tq out the pulley. I would use an impact gun first though, if that doesn't work and the motor is in your car then try putting your car into gear.

Milan

it won.t work with your car in gear. the hub will just spin. my friend garrett( easily over 200lbs) and i (170 lbs) jumped on mine for like 15 minutes. the bolt comes off counter clock wise. its a SOB.

have fun.

You need a bigger impact gun. Try the Ingersoll Rand that delivers 600 ft/lbs. That is the gun I have, and the crank bolts come out every time. You will need a thick wall impact socket with this gun.

yeah, I didn't know if putting it into gear would work or not but it was a shot in the dark that might of helped.

Milan

If u said that u have a nice impact gun, then that should work, or else it's not that nice. U need a gun with more ft/lb of torque or remove the access shield between the tranny and motor to use the flywheel as leverage. They also make a tool where u don't have to rely on the flywheel or the gun or the TORCH??? It's a special socket where it fits into the hex shape of the crank pulley and u can use 2 breaker bar at the same time. Hint, use a breaker bar and extend it with a jack handle or a hollow pipe and u will get leverage. Please do not use a torch!!!

I decided to just let my uncle who owns a shop deal with it. He probably has a much larger impact gun. Thanks for all the help tho everyone.

Back