Crank Sensor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Domi31

Car is throwing a code 9, so I decied to check out the distributor and as soon as the cap came off my rotor feel off too. The screw, that holds the rotor in place, backed out and was hurrled in the the crank sensor (or what I think is the sensor, it is black and has two wires going to it) and the small metal part is dented good.

A brand new sensor cost 150 at Kragens so of course im going for a used one, the question is that my engine has a OBDII distributor, when im looking for a distributor could I settle on a Crank Sensor from a OBD I distributor?

just bumbing this up and asking a dumb question...

could I just put a OBDII B series dizzy from a LS on my B18CR, I just want some one to confirm it before I spend any cash.

But also want to know if I could use a Crank Sensor from a OBDI dizzy in my OBD II Dizzy
thanks.

Your crank sensor is inside your distributor?(???????)
No you can't use an LS distributor on there, even if it ran, why would you do that?

Quoted post[/post]]
Your crank sensor is inside your distributor?(???????)
No you can't use an LS distributor on there, even if it ran, why would you do that?

Performed a Search link so if this is wrong tell me but is said it was in the dizzy. Like I said in the first post im unsure if it is the sensor or not. But I know that it is is dented.

I thought I could run any B distributor on any B motor, if it must be a distributor one with VTEC no prob now I know what to look for.

This is the sensor that im talking about
780478_111_full.jpg

Notice the dent on the top

here it is in the stock postion inside of the dizzy, I think it is called Top Dead sensor, it looks like it reads off of the intake cam
780478_112_full.jpg

I think that is your igniter.
For the price you will pay for a new igniter, you might as well look for a new distributor, then you don't have to worry about anything else going bad inside the dizzy.

the igniter is the silver part on the right side of the distributor that the red and blue wires go to (i have an exteral coil so i know where the igniter is)

But what the hell is that little black son of bitch? I cant find a diagram that points at it.

I just want to know if I could pull it out of a non VTEC dizzy and splice it in, or if I could even pull one from a OBDI dizzy.

just bumbing it up

I am about to buy a Non-VTEC dizzy OBDII just for the sensor, unless someone tells me not to tonight, (not going to be able to find out if it works becuase I got to got back to school spring break is almost over)

Does any one know if this will work?

Ok this is what I found out a Non-VTEC dizzy will work on a VTEC motor only problem is the VTEC solenoid gets in the way so you have to shave one of the legs... but I only need a sensor in side becuase the electronics work the same.

It is easier to locate a non-VTEC dizzy than a VTEC one. So im going to source out that paticular sensor and just splice it in, Unless I could get a cheap deal on a VTEC dizzy and replace the hole thing... only problem is spring break is over for me so I wont know if this will work untill June :wallbash:

But just for the hell of it What is the correct name for this sensor?

Back