1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

crank shaft pulley issues

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by LS_ integra_delsol, Sep 23, 2008.

1. LS_ integra_delsol

LS_ integra_delsol New Member

ok heres my problem.i had a D16A6 block built that i pulled out of a 88 CRX Si i put a VTEC head that i built on it and some where in the build process the crank shaft pulley for the [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]timing [COLOR=blue ! important]belt[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] went missing.
    in the process of trying to find a new one i found out that there are two different size crank shaft timing belt pulleys for that year D series motor a a bigger size and a smaller size, i need the smaller size and i went to honda and found out that the smaller pulley has been discontinued. i have called every parts place junk yard and [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]dealership[/COLOR][/COLOR] i could and no one has the pulley.
    does some one out there have the pulley i need im desprate... i put about $3000 into the block to get it balanced bored and all the parts to put it together
    any help would would be awesome!!!!

2. cjvictoria

cjvictoria New Member

research and see if any other engines used the same part or on that is the same specification as it, thats all i can think of

3. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

what ever you do stay away from aftermarket crank pulleys!!

4. LS_ integra_delsol

its actually the crank gear. but ive looked threw every parts catalog that honda has at the dealer ship and so dar have found nothing that fits. i dont know why honda made two different sizes but no one seems to have the gear i need...

5. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

you're in cali. there should be tons of D series civics in the junkyards.

6. LS_ integra_delsol

yeah but the problem is most of throw the older stuff away. and if they do have them they're in socal and i live about 6 hours north of la where most of them are

7. HATCHET_HONDA

HATCHET_HONDA scottie fizzle

so its a d16a6.. and you need the crank drive gear for the timing belt correct? and honda has discontinued it? damn....try this website MAJESTIC HONDA.COM

8. sevenhillsbilly

sevenhillsbilly New Member

majestic has everything you will need but some parts are expensive

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted