crank walk?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

goldHB94

ok i just built a lsvtec turbo set up it was running great for about 1200 miles and i then i noticed i lost vtec looked at my oil presser and it is low so i pulled the pan to see a bit of nasty in the pan and the rods seem to be good and the grabed the crank and it moves about 1/4 to 1/8 side to side. now i had all the work done at a motor shop in town and i put it all together my self cheackin all the plastigaguein everthing to spec.

the set up is a b18a block egale roda wisco pistion acl berings , b16 head with springs and retainers and gsr cams. hx35 turbo with a ramhorn rc550's on a crome tune good air fuel readings

what could make this happen? could the new thrust washers done it? or could i have put them in worng?

Sounds like the thrust washers. There is a tolerance for the side to side motion of the crank. The thrust washers keep it pretty much centered and if your crank is moving that much they either forgot them or they got chewed up pretty good.

Maybe. You'll have to take it apart and check it out though. I would think that your crank etc is pretty #$%^'ed up though from the rods/main caps wearing on it.

its not to bad i stoped drivein the car the same day it started to happen and it hasent moved since

Back