crankcase

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

There = a place
Their = yours

IMG_1017.jpg

I think he wants to see the PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) valve.

There should be a little black box under your intake manifold that it plugs into. On the top of the black box there will be a hole with a grommet. Put it in there. That is unless someone removed it.

pcv.jpg

The crank case is the bottom of the block where the crank sits, hence the name.

x2, "positive crank-case ventilation".

crank-case pressure can build up and move upward if there are issues with the PCV system not breathing properly.
To make it easier, just look for the pcv valve on the back of the engine... see where it is? ;)

this is the pic of the hose comming off of my pcv valve
IMG_0259.jpg

and this is were its comming from
IMAGE_074-1.jpg

Last edited:
OMG no!

That is your iacv (idle air control valve).

There should be a little black box on the back of your block under your intake manifold. Put it in there.

there is a round thing that some one called a charcol spelling canister but thats it

Not that. That should be on your firewall. This box should be under your intake manifold bolted to your engine. It is very hard to see if it is there and you might have to work from under your car to get it in.

oh ok then what about the hose that is on the bottem of the thing that is on my itake mani in the pic about there are2 hoses comming out of them and i cant figure out were they go

also what if the box isnt on my car thenw hat should i do with the pcv vavle can i just leave it unhooked

i have one and it dont say shit
i pretty much read the whole thing and the most it says about parts that i need is disconet the hoses then reconect them twhen you reinstall the motor kinda pissed me off

Last edited:
ok well i my buddy has the car at his house like 5 houses down looking at it when he brings it back ill take a look at it and see if that works if he hasnt already figured it out

no one of my friends did it
but when it got to hooking up the hoses and shit the b15b8 has more hoses then my y8 did so i dont have any were to put them and i checked out the car and there is no little black box on it any were

Last edited:
Back