cranks but no start, has air/fuel/spark

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Rb3

Having an issue with my D16y8 motor. Ran great then parked for about 5 days and now wont start. Engine cranks great but it cant seem to get itself going. I've replaced my distributor/fuel filter/plug wires/plugs, also check voltages on my injectors and that they spray. Engine is not flooded because ive cleared it multiple times just incase. If i unscrew my plugs and put them in the connectors just sitting in the valve cover tubes i can get them to all ignite and pop up in the proper order but as soon as they are screwed in there is not enough bang for the motor to start. Ive tried starter fluid to help. Exhaust putts out like it should. Checked the fuses.
It seems like i have all the things i need for the engine to start, air fuel and spark (timed right) but it just wont....any ideas?

Why did you replace all those items without
knowing specifically the issue.
Just because the injectors have the proper voltage doesn't mean they are getting enough fuel.
When you turn the key on can you hear the fuel pump come on?
That's wierd how it did that after sitting a few days.
My first thought is, does the battery have
enough voltage?
I had a voltage issue in the past and thought it was something else.
Its cheaper to check all possibilities before just putting new parts on you may not even need.
I have been there before.
Keep us updated and good luck dude.
Also check the relay and fuses for the fuel system.

Last edited:
Back