Crankshaft pulley fall off !! Timer belt Shifted 80% out about to fall off.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

osix

While going out on a ride today . if i recall correctly i was driving toward a redlight and ai heard a loud banging sound near the engine . thinking i hit some kinda stone or a reflected pebble . i drove for another 100 meter or so before i notice the battery light came on . and the engine seem to different . so i stop to have a look . about 500 meter down the road.

Saw a few belt hanging . Mainly the Aircon ./ dynamo / and one other belt .

Reach under the bumper and notice the Crankshaft pulley hanging by the pulley belt

The Timer belt is like 80% falling off. I try to push it back a few time and start my engine but it keep shifting outward as if it would slip off i repeat that almost 4-5 time and each time it shifted outward .

now i pondering what do i need to take note and save my New Toy .
12176279_10206158550697351_1074643710_o.jpg

The timer belt i only manage to push the top part back in but the lower part is hanging on the edge of the gear. once i start the engine the top part of the belt would shift itself outward as if it would fall off .

12181818_10206158549457320_306811710_n.jpg

Your crank pulley has a bolt and a key. Im guessing you've lost one or both. It's hard to say but it is possible that it has done some serious damage.

The bolt Broke off. And how i just lifted the engine i will update more photo soon

Did you get the rest of the bolt out of the crank? Did you damage the valves or pistons? I know a tired timing belt that breaks can ruin an entire motor. Sometimes, people get lucky (belt breaks at idle and motor is shut off immediately). This situation seems very similar.

i am replacing the Crankshaft .

and got a new one today .

While fitting i find that the Bearing inside is too small ?

The crankshaft bearing need to be larger. almost 2mm i think .

Any idea anyone ?

i also got new timer Belt . The seller gave me Honda City Timer belt is it the right one ?

This is not the photo of the crankshaft i got . But just an example .

i found a crankshaft . but when i try to fit it .
Mine seem to have a larger Diameter of point " a " and point " b "

i try to fit it with the old crank bearning and seem like it too small .

every part is the same .

only the Shaft between is larger .
Is it better ?

Do i try to find a another Crank bearing to fit it

-

What happen why the old Crankshaft have a smaller diameter on "a & b "

almost 2 mm .

10-24-2015 10-28-56 PM.jpg

Back