1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crankshaft pulley

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by KyleCrews, Jul 6, 2003.

1. KyleCrews

KyleCrews Senior Member

I think i bent my crankshaft pulley (main drive pulley) putting my engine back in the car a few weeks ago. The pulley wobbles now and i'm pretty sure it didn't before. Is it very likely that i bent the end of the crankshaft and not the pulley. I cant really tell by looking at it and i know its a bitch to get off. I think it happend when i was lowering the engine back into the car. It was cocked a little and ended up getting rested on my engine bay for a few seconds. It didn't make any dints on the engine bay or anything just some scratches so i'm hoping that it just bent the pulley cause thats a hell of a lot cheaper and easier to fix. Just wondering want you guys think. It really bothers my cause when the a/c kicks on the car vibrates pretty bad but thats only at an idle. Any thoughts?

2. KyleCrews

KyleCrews Senior Member

I also want to make sure that this isn't messing up my car at all and if its something that needs to be fixed right away.

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

if its only when the a/c is on, i'd check th emounting of the a/c compressor first.

your alt/pwr steering are always spinning off the crank pulley too- so if those aren't vibrating, it leads me to think its elsewhere

4. KyleCrews

KyleCrews Senior Member

sorry i didn't really explain myself very well. What i really wanted to know is if the pulley is wobbling (which isn't super bad but is noticable), could it hurt anything else on the engine and do i need to fix it soon.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted