Crankshaft pulley

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KyleCrews

I think i bent my crankshaft pulley (main drive pulley) putting my engine back in the car a few weeks ago. The pulley wobbles now and i'm pretty sure it didn't before. Is it very likely that i bent the end of the crankshaft and not the pulley. I cant really tell by looking at it and i know its a bitch to get off. I think it happend when i was lowering the engine back into the car. It was cocked a little and ended up getting rested on my engine bay for a few seconds. It didn't make any dints on the engine bay or anything just some scratches so i'm hoping that it just bent the pulley cause thats a hell of a lot cheaper and easier to fix. Just wondering want you guys think. It really bothers my cause when the a/c kicks on the car vibrates pretty bad but thats only at an idle. Any thoughts?

I also want to make sure that this isn't messing up my car at all and if its something that needs to be fixed right away.

if its only when the a/c is on, i'd check th emounting of the a/c compressor first.

your alt/pwr steering are always spinning off the crank pulley too- so if those aren't vibrating, it leads me to think its elsewhere

sorry i didn't really explain myself very well. What i really wanted to know is if the pulley is wobbling (which isn't super bad but is noticable), could it hurt anything else on the engine and do i need to fix it soon.

Back