Crankshaft Pulley...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

toyarmy

How do I get the bolt loose so I can take the crankshaft pulley off?

Funny u should mention it, but i had a problem taking the crank shaft pulley off myself. Basically, you have to keep the crank shaft pulley from moving around, either with a tool or taking the flywheel cover off and sticking a screw driver in the teeth of the flywheel and having someone try bust the nut (no pun intended) off with a breaker bar or impact wrench.

If the nut has never been broken before, it might be hard to. I used a breaker bar and an impact and the friggin thing did not budge. I had to take my car to a friend who had access to a 4 foot breaker bar which finally broke the nut.

and impact gun should do the trich if not get a long chunk of pipe and throw it over the end of the ratchet and you got your self a big breaker bar

The prob that we are having is stopping the pulley from turning with the bolt...
the impact gun isnt doin crap..thanks for the help so far though.

I just did a pulley upgrade. All you do is: put the car in 5th gear, block the brakes ( or have someone step on the brake inside the car), and that way, the motor will not turn when you loosen the bolt. You are probably gonna have to use a breaker bar or extensions, cuz it's on tight.

Motors out of car.....but we got it thanks everyone.

Back