crankshaft sensor wiring

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spacemanspiff

i had a b18a1 in my crx i spun a bearing and trashed the motor. now im putting a b18b1into it. my problem is that on the a1 the crank sensor is integrated into the distributer but on the b1 it has a seperate sensor. how can i wire it in or can i use my old distributer from the a1

on the B18B1 the sensor behind the crank pulley is not the crank position sensor (CKP) - the CKP sensor for the B18B1 is still in the distributor - the sensor behind the crank pulley is the crankshaft speed fluctuation sensor (CKF) and is not needed unless you are using the OBD2 ECU

nope, don't need it. just use all the stuff off the a1 and swap it onto the b1. only thing left to do is extend the wires for the fan switch from the back of the block over to the side of the head at the thermostat housing.

I also have a b18b1 with a obd2a P75 ecu. I went to a shop and told me the only way for me to pass inspection in NY, was to get a obd2a ecu from a 96 integra. since i have the swap in a 96 civic. Also he stated I will be getting different codes. when i changed and reset the ecu I got codes (41)-Primary Oxygen Sensor Heater , and code (54) - Crank Fluctuation Sensor what can i do about these codes?

my car is still bogging down. and just recently got CEL code 4 which is the CPS . how do I go about this?

Back