crankshaft speed fluctuation sensor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

floridachill71

Lean and Mean
a buddy ran a diag. on my 98 with a boosted j-spec gsr, he says it shut itself down as a saftey precaution. something about the crankshaft speed fluctuation sensor.....three wires into two wires.....continuity.....i dont know. i went over the wiring diagrams and found where hes talkin about, but cant find the damn thing on the engine. even after finding it, not sure what i need to do.

ahhh. so i must have an american obdII ecu with my j-spec obdII. that explains why i cant find the sensor......its because there isnt one there anymore on the jspec. i just assumed the ecu was from the jspec. eh. live and learn huh. how do i determine whether its an a/b?? for the pinout diagram?

unplug it and then plug it back in, or disconnect the battery for a few minutes. I just unplug the ecu

Oh, i didn't know it wouldn't run. I thought it just had a code and ran like crap. Well the good thing is you still had to splice those wires, the bad thing is its not your crankshaft flux sensor. I had a similar problem when i did my swap, I thought it wouldn't run cause i was running obd2. So i back dated to obd1 and it still wouldn't run. Checked all my sensors and looked for fuel and spark, finally i looked into the distributor and found it leaking oil and some shitty wire work had been done. Check your dizzy because the other crankshaft sensor(I believe crankshaft position sensor) is inside the dizzy and the car won't run for shit without it. The wires you spliced connect to that sensor. If it was the cfs on the oil pump throwing a code than it would still run it would just throw a code. I just plugged in my gsr ecu after fixing the dizzy and it ran fine except threw a cel.

well, im guessin i screwed myself somewhere then. i opened up the dizzy to wire in the msd btm. everything looked fine on it when it was open. i actually drove the car for a couple days after doing the swap and boosting it, but after i parked it in the yard that night, it would never crank after that. i probably screwed up the wiring somewhere. crap

Back