crap talkers...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by micah@May 19 2004, 12:33 AM
i would like to see someone in a 9 sec drag car outcorner any track car

thats some serious power and you would have to be a seriously talented driver to control that thing around a track.

thats like saying a 5 second rail car can corner just because its fast :p

Lingenfelter doesn't build it for the track, it's still daily drivable and completely street legal. with it being a twin turbo application and you can control the boost and autoX it pretty easily.

just to let u guys know, i already have the z6 head on my car, just the vtec isnt hooked up yet cuz i have yet to get a vafc :) right now my car is runnin shitty, 95-100hp shitty timing , and all that, once i get it tuned up should be about 115, once i get the vafc , 130 :)

Originally posted by CRX2NR18@May 22 2004, 11:20 AM
just to let u guys know, i already have the z6 head on my car, just the vtec isnt hooked up yet cuz i have yet to get a vafc :) right now my car is runnin shitty, 95-100hp shitty timing , and all that, once i get it tuned up should be about 115, once i get the vafc , 130 :)

The VAFC is SOOOO not going to add 15 hp. 2.3 at most to the wheels. It is not designed to make the car go faster, it is designed to lean out the fuel curves and assist the engine with fuel control. (piggyback if you will).

Once you get it setup properly, it will be faster than a D16Z6. If you mean by adding the VAFC and activating the VTEC head, and everything is setup right, yes, you will be at 125-130 hp. I would still recommend getting a P28 ECU for it....you can find it for like 80 shipped if you look around.

Originally posted by CRX2NR18@May 22 2004, 11:20 AM

u need the ecu not a VAFC for your VTEC to work

Back