Crappy grounds

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FFCiv

Hey guys ive got a 95 civic ex with a b16a (just to remind you) and it a dog up top. I raced my friend who has an automatic 00 GTI (150 stock) with a diverter valve and cone filter from 40 mph roll. I jump about a car or 1/2 a car and then he pulls on me really hard up to 100 MPH. All the grounds on my car go to the battery. Could this have anything to do with my slowness? where should the grounds go? any1 have pictures?

EDIT: i am getting a CEL but i dont know how to check what it is.....

those vr6's do kick ass though

does your car have any troubles gettin into the high rpm, dont forget your engine doesnt gain much more hp in the Really high high rpm range, all grounds off the motor usually go to a body ground but in the end they all go back to the negative battery terminal so that should make no difference.

if your car struggles to get into the high rpm, i.e hesitation or studder, thats different, but if he just pulled ya then maybe your clutch is slipping or you just got plain beat, vr6 gti golf arent slow cars man! :)

and to check codes, read a manual or search on here for details on it, there is a connector above the ecu that you use a paper clip to jump the terminals then the check engine light blinks a morris type code, you interpret it and check your manual or read on here what the code is! :)

codes are easy to check.

Theres a green rubber sleeve covering the service connector. It has 2 female connections and is on the passenger side tucked up near the glove box.

With the car in the off position. Put a paper clip in the female connections, one side of the clip goes in one hole and the other end goes in the other hole.

Turn the car to the on posistion, do not start it (doesn't make a difference but just don't). And watch the CEL blink.

A long blink indicates 10
A short blink indicated 1

Let's say "!" is 10 and "0" is 1. Code 41 would be

! ! ! ! 0

there was 2 female coneecters one had 3 holes the otehr had 2. I put it in hte one with 2 and the SRS light would blink but not the CEL.... (SRS light is on always, donno why)

wait so your SRS light and CEL are always on? Maybe they switched themselves somehow if your SRS blinks when you jump the connector.

Try reading the codes from the SRS light, who knows maybe they were connected wrong somehow.

BTW, your going to get a code for the SRS. (If there even is one), I'm too lazy to check.

Back