[crappy vid] I took the truck to an AutoX event...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slo86GT

Super Moderator
I knew it handled pretty well, but I was really suprised, and it suprised quite a few people...

I'm a completely novice driver, I've only been in 3 of these events over the last 4 years, and it was a first time thing with the truck.

Ok, the course was a pretty moderate speed course. Never had to come out of 2nd gear, and it got down to teens of MPH in some of the boxes that they built.

Best Runs:
Race Kart: 47 secs
Spec Miatas: 50-53 secs
Friend's '88 BMW //m3: 52 best
Porsche Boxer S: 52 best
Modded SR20DET swapped 240SX: 53 seconds
Mostly stock 240sx: 57 seconds
My BONE stock ZQ8: 57 seconds

Lesse. I beat up on a Golf, an Integra GSR, and a Sentra SE-R. There may have been more, but most of the guys weren't a novice at the event. I was a n00b to most of them.

Well, it may not seem like much, but this truck really suprised quite a few of the guys who had been racing for some time. The truck handled well, got around the corners nicely, and besides some pretty heavy understeer, it was downright nimble... Even on the stock tires at factory air pressure. Just playing with pressure could net me more than a second on the track we were on, I was told. I'll have to increase the front pressures and see what she'll do next time!

Sorry, the video is crappy, but the camera this wsa taken with isn't exactly a video cam. :)

Right Click, Save As, Please.

Brakes were great, but I experienced ABS intervening in every run. I need to get some better tires on these wheels to alleviate that problem. I tried running with the TC turned on once. It was almost a second slower than my best time. The roll wasn't so bad. I could DEFINITELY use some better bolstered seats. My knee was on the doorpanel trying to keep me in the middle of the seat 75% of the time. Oh, and if you're wondering, I used first gear to get off the line, shifted to second, and NEVER had to shift out of second. The truck was plenty torquey to pull me around, all the way down below 20 mph.

The truck was really fun to race. It could use some sandbags or something in the rear to keep teh tires planted, but the trak-lok helped out A LOT and allowed the truck to pull around and out of corners quickly. One friend described watching my truck as this: "It looked like the back end of the truck was a ribbon being pulled around by a stick." :p

Practice will be key. I need to get out there, learnt he lines my truck can take, and git r dun! :)

Holy shit dude, That thing BOOGIES !

-> Steve

I am impressed.

Cool. The video's working again. Finally.

Anyway, yeah, it runs pretty well. Thanks for the comment! :)

Cool. I wanna race the Hardbody too- just needs a few mods, a snail etc... :lol:

Video plays at half speed on WMP10?

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 26 2004, 02:09 PM
Cool. I wanna race the Hardbody too- just needs a few mods, a snail etc... :lol:

Video plays at half speed on WMP10?
[post=394881]Quoted post[/post]​

That's odd. Didn't run into that on WMP10 at work... :shrug2:

I should take my truck to the autocross track, and cover the track with black smoke....gotta love the diesels

97 F250 4x4 7.3L powerstroke diesel
banks turbo kit w/intercooler
5 inch exhaust
edge chip
stage 2 injectors
stock the 7.3 puts out 525 lb ft of trq, and mines modded.....

Back