crawer vs. eagle rods

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDM Love 19

'97 integra, type r head, fully built, ls b18a blocks, gs-r tranny, type r ecu, t3-t4 turbo at 30 lbs, what pistons and rods to use? car set up for street racing, want more than 400 hp, block sleeved to 83 mm. :thumbsup: :doh:

ummm you are running 30lbs with no new pistons and rods?? also, you are NOT making 400hp with 30lbs???? i love this part "set up for street racing" you fuck head.

Originally posted by JDM Love 19@Nov 5 2003, 01:04 AM
'97 integra, type r head, fully built, ls b18a blocks, gs-r tranny, type r ecu, t3-t4 turbo at 30 lbs, what pistons and rods to use? car set up for street racing, want more than 400 hp, block sleeved to 83 mm. :thumbsup: :doh:

not a fan of eagle myself

crower or pauter(sp?) for me

I love the 30 psi part.

what map sensor are you running? 3-bars top out at 27.6 psi.

:fr:

the last thing i'd be worried about is my rods.

first, id worry about fuel.
then, my sensors not bing able to read it, so having to step up to a 3.5 bar and a full tec2 or speed pro standalone.
then, i'd worry about where to get 118 octane gas on a daily basis
then, i'd worry about why the fuck i picked a dinky ass t3/t4 instead of just getting a properly sized turbo with no need to run 30 lbs on
then, i'd start thinking about traction, and how i'm going to have none, and how that 4-door accord with 3 morons and altezzas on it just smoked me cuz i lit up all 5 gears and moved 3 feet.
then, i'd worry about my cops, and being stupid, and why i shouldn't be street racing in the first place
then i'd worry about AAA, to make sure i can get towed home when i blow up
then, i'd worry about which rods are better.

and for the record, if you are seriosuly going to run 30 pounds- Pauter rods, CP pistons should be the only name you're looking at.

the car is in my mechanic's garage, it's all apart, those are just the ideas i want for the car, nothing is for sure yet, that's why i came here to see what you guys had to say. and also should i get a bigger turbo and lower the bost to 20-25 lbs?

do you guys think i should get a crashed cr-v and either make my integra awd or rwd, i know it can be done, people done it before.

ok, your all over the place dude, you are not going to run 25 lbs of boost on the street PERIOD. AWD or RWD integras are possible but not worth the money your gonna dump into it.

Don't post stupid shit about you want a 400 hp illegal street racer, do it legally and bring it to the track.

if your really serious about doin it, then I'd also go with pauter and cp pistons.

is what a joke? the Ti rods? no thats not a joke.

im high as fuck right now and i just laughed my ass off for 30 mins reading this thread. :bo:

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Nov 5 2003, 06:32 PM
is what a joke?

Is this post a joke. Hes saying he is going to run 30 PSI and shit... and make 400 whp... WTF..

Is this whole entire post a jokle?

nah he just has lots of money and hasn't done alot of research.

In any case, whats your fuel management again? Because unless your dropping your compression ratio, your not going to be running much boost at all unless you have pretty much the best tuning and gas possible.

And also, 30lbs is over the t3/t4s efficiency (and pretty much ridiculous for that matter). Your going to want like MAYBE 20-25 off a 60-1.

and just for the record, people who run 30lbs of boost are either:

1.) not on pump gas (or "gas" for that matter) anymore.
2.) Probably have at or less than 8.0:1 compression, and about 60hp out of boost.

So unless those are your goals, forget the number 30 altogether. You will never need that number. Concentrate on your hp goal (400 apparently) and build a setup that can handle that within it's limits of saftey.

my goal is not really 30 lbs, it's hp like you guys said, i'd like to have more than 400 hp, since everyone around drives cobras and s2000s, supercharged civics and crx, so i like the idea of the crower rods with cp pistons, and where can i get those. also that 60-1 turbo sounds good, get a stage 1? and running this turbo at about 20-25 lbs, how much hp do you think i could get out of the engine? ALSO THERE IS A KID HERE WITH A DEL SOL, B18C1, 518 HP ON PUMP GAS

Originally posted by JDM Love 19@Nov 6 2003, 03:27 AM
ALSO THERE IS A KID HERE WITH A DEL SOL, B18C1, 518 HP ON PUMP GAS

yeah and its gotta be tuned like a mofo!

Back