Crazy ass religious people...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

/gets out clawhammer list

'everyone responsible for the festering load of shit that is Landover Baptist'

Okay, after reading some of that, it's either a joke or they're totally fucking wacked out.

From http://www.landoverbaptist.org/tos.html at the bottom of the page:

Within this section, the words "The Landover Baptist Church or Americhrist Ltd.," "we," and "us" refer to The Landover Baptist Church or Americhrist Ltd, which is the owner of landoverbaptist.org and/or landoverbaptist.com and which holds the right to transmit on landoverbaptist.org and/or landoverbaptist.com (the "Site") all of the materials contained in the Site. The word "Materials" refers to any word, sound, image, file, data, or anything else contained in or generated by the Site. All content on landoverbaptist.org is protected by federal copyright laws. The Landover Baptist Church is a complete work of fiction. It is a satire/parody. When you use landoverbaptist.org and/or landoverbaptist.com you are agreeing and consenting to these terms and conditions of use which we, at our sole discretion, may change in any way at any time. Your consent to these terms and conditions is herein described as the "Agreement." Thus you should read them with care and, from time to time, re-read them. If we make any changes, your continued use of landoverbaptist.org and/or landoverbaptist.com signifies that you agree to them. Limitations On Use Of Materials Contained in landoverbaptist.org and/or landoverbaptist.com You may, as long as you make no changes of any kind whatsoever, download onto a single computer a single copy of any Materials on the Site for your personal use only. This computer must be your personal computer in your home and you may not make any commercial use of Materials which you download. Should you make any changes to any of the Materials you will be violating The Landover Baptist Church or Americhrist Ltd.'s copyright. Aside from this provision (i.e. the downloading of a single copy) you may not copy, upload, transmit or distribute in any way any Materials contained in the Site, nor may you use them on any network of computers or any other Website. Should you download a single copy of any Materials, you do not own that copy. The copy you download (including the software and its accompanying data and any files) is, rather, licensed to you by The Landover Baptist Church or Americhrist Ltd., which retains all title and rights to the Materials. Thus you are prohibited from distributing your copy or in any way changing the copy into a form which can be perceived by a human being.

Funny shit though. :laugh: However, this is NOT a work of fiction.

http://www.chick.com/default.asp

This guy is completely serious. He's been around forever, and if you start clicking on the links at the left, you'll see he's utterly insane.

491_eat-me.JPG

Quoted post[/post]]
From http://www.landoverbaptist.org/tos.html at the bottom of the page:

Within this section, the words "The Landover Baptist Church or Americhrist Ltd.," "we," and "us" refer to The Landover Baptist Church or Americhrist Ltd, which is the owner of landoverbaptist.org and/or landoverbaptist.com and which holds the right to transmit on landoverbaptist.org and/or landoverbaptist.com (the "Site") all of the materials contained in the Site. The word "Materials" refers to any word, sound, image, file, data, or anything else contained in or generated by the Site. All content on landoverbaptist.org is protected by federal copyright laws. The Landover Baptist Church is a complete work of fiction. It is a satire/parody. When you use landoverbaptist.org and/or landoverbaptist.com you are agreeing and consenting to these terms and conditions of use which we, at our sole discretion, may change in any way at any time. Your consent to these terms and conditions is herein described as the "Agreement." Thus you should read them with care and, from time to time, re-read them. If we make any changes, your continued use of landoverbaptist.org and/or landoverbaptist.com signifies that you agree to them. Limitations On Use Of Materials Contained in landoverbaptist.org and/or landoverbaptist.com You may, as long as you make no changes of any kind whatsoever, download onto a single computer a single copy of any Materials on the Site for your personal use only. This computer must be your personal computer in your home and you may not make any commercial use of Materials which you download. Should you make any changes to any of the Materials you will be violating The Landover Baptist Church or Americhrist Ltd.'s copyright. Aside from this provision (i.e. the downloading of a single copy) you may not copy, upload, transmit or distribute in any way any Materials contained in the Site, nor may you use them on any network of computers or any other Website. Should you download a single copy of any Materials, you do not own that copy. The copy you download (including the software and its accompanying data and any files) is, rather, licensed to you by The Landover Baptist Church or Americhrist Ltd., which retains all title and rights to the Materials. Thus you are prohibited from distributing your copy or in any way changing the copy into a form which can be perceived by a human being.

Funny shit though. :laugh: However, this is NOT a work of fiction.

http://www.chick.com/default.asp

This guy is completely serious. He's been around forever, and if you start clicking on the links at the left, you'll see he's utterly insane.

I guess I fail to see the insanity. Maybe I am just a religious biggot.

surprise.gif

This is my favorite blurb:

"they were born Muslim and they will die Muslim. The more closed minded they are, the more fanatical they become in their religion. When ignorance unites with arrogance, fanaticism is born.

We pity those whose religion is only the product of an accident of birth and culture. They blindly follow whatever religion they were born into. How sad it is to have an unexamined faith; a faith that cannot stand up to reason and science; a faith that merely shouts slogans, stamps its feet and beats its breast in a mindless mob. They do not believe in Islam because it is true. To them Islam is true because they believe it."

Another Favorite:

"Since Islam came along many centuries after Christianity, Islam has the burden of proof and not Christianity. "

Allow Celerity to completely disprove Jehovah:

"Since Christianity came along many centuries after Paganism, Hindu, Judaism, Buddhism, and Hedonism; Christianity has the burden of proof and not Paganism, Hinduism, Judaism, Buddhism and Hedonism."

All in a day's work.

Quoted post[/post]]
We pity those whose religion is only the product of an accident of birth and culture. They blindly follow whatever religion they were born into. How sad it is to have an unexamined faith; a faith that cannot stand up to reason and science; a faith that merely shouts slogans, stamps its feet and beats its breast in a mindless mob. They do not believe in Islam because it is true. To them Islam is true because they believe it."

The same goes for Christianity. No doubt.

Religion has simply outgrown its need. It is now counterproductive rather than productive.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

The same goes for Christianity. No doubt.

Religion has simply outgrown its need. It is now counterproductive rather than productive.

I disagree.

I'm a semi-religious guy. I live a christian life, although I don't worship as much as I "should", or at all as most churches are being ran more like a business every day. My life is not counter-productive in anyway shape or form. Religion gives me morals, and helps me learn a more true path to live on. I'd like for you to look into my dealings as a citizen and society and tell me how it is counter productive.

It's the hypocritical, chauvanistic(sp?), fanatical, etc. that screw it up for the rest of us. I'm thatguy that just wants some guidance and structure from an ideology I'd like to just put my faith in. To give me that warm cozy feeling at night letting me know I'm doing good.

When I think about space travel (Yes, this is related) I have my doubts about it.

The old addage applies: Teleportation will NEVER happen. Think about it: One of your coworkers will be on the other side of that machine, controlling where you go and how you are reassembled. Your ass will be on your head and you'll be "beamed" into rocks and cars and shit.

Parting from there, I think that working in space has got to be taken seriously. And I think that the way to get this seriousness is through religious purpose. Read on:

When we go into space, we will represent the human race. Think about that for a moment. Someone like Infamouz will be the spokesperson for a planet. <shudder to think> . The only way we can thrive in space is to take on a respectful and courteous type of personality - a massive, whole-group personality.

Sounds like Religion to me :)

The religion CAN'T be any of what we're currently practicing. it has to be new. a religion of respect, non-worship and consideration.

But yes, we will need religion.

Back