crazy B-series idea

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That would be quite an interesting setup. The LS head doesnt flow very well at all so you would need some major work done to the head.

Originally posted by civicext@Dec 11 2004, 01:00 PM
whats going on the ls head and b16 block has been done.. if i can find the site i founf it at i will post it up..

it was one of those that they work at a shop got bored and stuck the ls head and b16 block together, they did not have it running but it was in the car it look good to.. like i side ill have to find that site to let you see
:ph34r:
[post=430478]Quoted post[/post]​

Link it up so we can see it. :)

displacement wise this will suck-rod stroke ur better than an ls - would they just call this a zc motor for lol

i had a spare b16 block lying around with no oil pan. i'll see if it hasn't been scrapped yet. hit me up on AIM tonight: pmdALLSTARS and if i have it you can get it for only shipping cost. no oil pan, but everything else is there

wouldnt this result in basicly a zc motor - any one else agree here - unless you wanted to use ur pr3 rods pistons then you would have minorly higher compression than a zc-but same basic build as a zc 1.6 power baby non vtec dual overhead cam- but why not if u get all the parts for free- would be a free motor minus labor

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 14 2004, 10:15 AM
its nothing like a zc.
[post=431859]Quoted post[/post]​

1.6 dohc non vtec- whats the zc run hp wise 130- what will a b16 non vtec run (im thinking appx 140 kinda like an ls motor - but with out the rs factor (minus the torque) its in the same area of capabilities as a zc maybe handling more boost and a little higher rev- but i think their pretty much close to each other

Just found out that my mechanic is building this motor as we speak. Lots of tweaks but still, it will be the bastard motor from hell. He has a fully gutted CRX, full cage, totally built autoX car from the ground up.
Pretty much what happened was that he was running a turbo GSR, then his class changed regulations and said that any car running boost would have to add 160lbs to the car. He said fuck that.....ripped out the entire motor and turbo and swapped in a fully built B16A block with a B18C1 head (springs/retainers/port-polish ect...). Now his class changed again and said that anyone running VTEC would have to add another few hundred pounds to the car, so once agin, he said fuck that. The funny thing is that he was running VTEC Killer cams in his last setup, but they still wouldnt allow it...We dont get it.
So now starts the bastard build......here is the basic setup so far:
B16A Block
-2.0L Crower stroker kit (lightened crank)
-JE 12.5:1 forged pistons
-Forged rods
LS Head
-race port+polish
-Ti springs/retainers/valves
-Skunk2 IM
-very aggressive cams (dont know of brand yet...know any good ones?)
JDM ITR transmission W/LSD
Misc...
Hondata s200
DC 4-1 polished header
AEM CAI
Custom 2.5" test pipe

I'll keep you guys updated when it gets on the dyno if anyone is interested? I'll just post it as a new topic.....

So what do you think? Any predictions of what it's going to make at the wheels??

ur friend sounds like his competition must suck so they need to make him work harder- they shouldnt be able to do that seeing this is more on a hobby bassis rather than for money-

Ya I know what you mean....
It just sucks though because he has one of a few choices.....
1) Add a few hundred pounds to the car...but where? the thing is literally a tin box with wheels....no interior whatsoever....what is he going to use...sandbags? no thanks.
2) Upgrade to the next class?....nope, there are two teams sponsored by Honda of Canada with $200,000 budgets running built K20's....no competition there....
3) go the bastard motor route.....

Originally posted by b204dr+Dec 14 2004, 08:17 AM-->
pissedoffsol
@Dec 14 2004, 10:15 AM
its nothing like a zc.

1.6 dohc non vtec- whats the zc run hp wise 130- what will a b16 non vtec run (im thinking appx 140 kinda like an ls motor - but with out the rs factor (minus the torque) its in the same area of capabilities as a zc maybe handling more boost and a little higher rev- but i think their pretty much close to each other
[post=431860]Quoted post[/post]​

Nope. Totally different geometry...

Originally posted by Calesta+Dec 17 2004, 02:11 PM-->
Originally posted by b204dr@Dec 14 2004, 08:17 AM
pissedoffsol
@Dec 14 2004, 10:15 AM
its nothing like a zc.

[post=431860]Quoted post[/post]​

Nope. Totally different geometry...
[post=433727]Quoted post[/post]​

yea i realize geometry is different but im leaning into the capabilities of the motor - i know this bastard motor would have more aftermarket capabilities - but out of the box stockey- it would be compramisable to a zc motor -

Originally posted by b204dr@Dec 17 2004, 12:14 PM
yea i realize geometry is different but im leaning into the capabilities of the motor - i know this bastard motor would have more aftermarket capabilities - but out of the box stockey- it would be compramisable to a zc motor -
[post=433730]Quoted post[/post]​

Compromisable? :wtf:

The bastard B16 will have more potential in stock form and after aftermarket parts have been added.

hehe ok cal- ill take it from you but just by genral specs i was thinking its only gonna have like 140 hp -- but ill take ur word for it

that motor doesn't even have a wire harness on it or a change pipe.

how in gods name it made numbers i beyond me...

Back