crazy idea anyone backing it ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wardatron

ive had a mad idea of attempting a twin turbo B16 has it been done before please note i live in the UK and ppl over here like ther fords as ther cheap and nasty and often found in junk yards so a stupid set up honda will go nice

TT on a 4 cyl.. hahaha.. its been done, but not worth it.. the money you spend on that second turbo could go to something way more beneficial

what sort of BHP figures looking at or too much money and hassel for a result ?

its not worth it.

thats why its not done. think about it, if it was a good idea prefabed manifolds would be made by everyone.

Twin turbos, booooo!!!!!

Supercharger + Big turbo = YAYYYYYY!!!!!!

Just kidding. Aircraft engines and industrial machines have that setup alot, but it's just not worth the trouble on a small car. Just properly size the turbo, and you'll be happy with the results.

Jeff Frank the owner of homemadeturbo.com did a twin turbo lsvtec setup like 4 years ago. I still have a video of it. It's the coolest sounding turbo honda Ive ever heard. He said it wasn't worth the trouble of having to fit the two turbo's make the manifold feed two turbo's oil and drain them. One well sized turbo will get you what you need.

But twins are cool. At some point I'll end up doing it.

Wow! Ive never seen anything like that before. 1000 hp per cylinder looks like two really hugh gt turbo's and all nitros. it's amazing that a four cylinder could even spool one of em. Let alone two. and that blocks awesome machined out of one solid block.

twin turbo = half the exahust to spool it.

which means a dinky turbo takes forever to spool, and in the end, you're topped out long before you would be with similar lag from a single larger turbo.

not to mention all the extra weight, and double everything in terms of cost. (2 waste gates, 2 downpipes, 2 sets of charge pipes to the ic, a custom IC with 2 ins, one out, etc etc etc.

its a waste of cash, is slower, and a bitch and a 1/4 to get working right.

thats why all the supra guys go to single turbo when they build.

Back