Crazy Idle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

99sidude

VIP
Ok, I have a jrsc on a b18c in my hatch. Hondata s300 running a jrsc basemap for my setup. The car when turned on revs up to 3k before settling down to an idle of 900 rpm's. This is when the car is cold. Before settling in at 900, the revs move up and down for a few seconds. When warmed up, the car is idling around 1500 rpm's. Randomly, the idle will jump up to 2k, and more recently, 4k!!! Any idea?

is the FITV the sensor on the bottom of the throttle body?

if u have a scanner, tap in the ecu and look how much the IAC is open, number should be small, but if u don't have a scanner tool, take a screw driver and lightly tap the throttle body on the side, and see if it helps, BUT i am pretty sure its the IAC

Ok I used hondata and cranked the duty cycle up to like 80% from stock 25%. This fixed the problem of the engine revs droping extremely low after rev:ing the motor. The thing is still running stupid rich, and I feel that its not the fuel map that I have. Again, at idle, and cruising (closed loop mode) the car is off the charts at like an 8:1 or worse A/F. When accelerating under open loop mode, its running rich, but is much more acceptable. What could be causing the car to run so rich? Could the IACV be bad because I had to crank up the duty cycle? Could the FPR be going bad causing too much fuel pressure at idle?

any ideas???

if its running too rich, it could be lotta things, it could be as simple as ur O2 not switching right, and the ecu is dumping fuel in, it could be the injector leaking, or an air restirction, if u have a 4 OR 5 gas machine, stick the tail pipe probe in the exsahust and take a look at the HC and CO, the HC should be around 100 PPM and the CO should be around 1%

or hook up the hondata, and look at the LTFT, and STFT, and see wat the ecu is trying to do with the fuel, take away fuel or add fuel, then look at the map sensor or maf sensor and see how much air ur getting in

Back